ILRI Project Management Specialist Job Vacancy in Kenya September 2013
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: two (2) year term renewable
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development.
1. Budget management and financial reporting:
- Manage the project’s budget and resource allocation across staff, other human resources, activities and preparation of the necessary project financial reports.
- Liaise externally with donors and internally with the Budget and Grants office, the Finance office and the Project Management Officer to ensure accurate and timely application of project finances and grants and the preparation of necessary financial reports.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of project implementation processes and contribute to periodic evaluation of progress and the drawing of lessons learnt.
- Support efficient and effective project implementation through the provision of systematic and timely information on implementation progress.
- Contribute to the development of project reports for donors and other partners.
- Support engagement with and coordination of partners to optimize leveraging partnership interest and contributions.
- Facilitate links with other communication functions at ILRI
- Maintaining and updating the project website
- Preparation of project briefs, blogs posts and other project publicity materials.
- A Masters in Business Administration, Project Management or a relevant Social Studies (e.g., Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Education) from a recognized University.
- At least four years of progressive experience in project management and implementation of innovative projects.
- Experience with training, extension provision and implementation of development projects at community level.
- Previous experience in and demonstrated ability to maintain good relations with project partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in budget management for donor funded projects
- Knowledge of livestock and familiarity with arid lands issues
- Good presentation and oral/written communication and skills
- Creative and dynamic person who can operate both individually and as part of a team
Job level and salary:
Location: The position will be based at the ILRI campus in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to Apply:
The position title and reference number REF: PMS/IBLI/02/13 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.