First Community Bank Westlands Branch Manager Job in Kenya October 2013
About the Bank
Our client, the First Community Bank (FCB) is a pioneer Sharia banking compliant institution with operations across 19 locations Kenya and in the region. The bank offers leading products and services to its clients and is a very dominant player in its commercial space.
FCB is currently experiencing high growth and is expanding its operations in all frontier markets in the region.
To support this growth, the bank is looking for a Branch Manager, Westlands who will be intructmental to its long term plan of becoming the leading provider of Sharia Compliant banking products and services in the region and beyond.
To be responsible for the implementation Bank’s Branch strategies in order to increase revenues, efficiency and ensure profitability, while maximizing customer satisfaction, delivering excellent business performance through powerful leadership and optimum productivity at Branch level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare annual Branch business Plans, forecasts and budgets and ensure their effective implementation, Controls and periodic reviews.
- To market the Bank’s products and ensure growth in the Facility and Liability books
- To oversee the Branch operational issues i.e Account opening/closing, Cash maintenance & CIT, stationery ordering to conform with the Bank’s operational manuals, policies and CBK and regulatory requirements
- To prepare Financing appraisals in line with the Bank’s Financing Policy liaising with the Financing Department; Follow-up on collections and recoveries from customers.
- To conduct Market surveys of the local competition as regards products, customer service etc. and advise Management appropriately.
- To resolve customer queries and complaints promptly or escalate them to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- To co-ordinate scheduled and ad hoc CBK Inspections, external & internal Auditing.
- To be responsible for staff development i.e training, performance appraisal and to provide guidance and leadership, resolve promptly employee issues in liaison with HOD and Human Resources Department.
- To represent the Bank effectively in the Local Community affairs.
- To prepare periodic reports to Management
- To Manage Staff matters and Leave in line with the HR policy
- Manage Branch financing & periodical finance reporting
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounts related, Administration or related field. Masters degree an added advantage.
- Diploma in Banking and/or Professional Banking/CPA (K) qualifications a plus.
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience, 3 of which should be at manager level with proven result oriented track record.
- Have strong customer service orientation/experience.
- Experience in Business development and banking operations
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s products and services; CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Management ability: Responsibility and ability to grow, support and develop talent within the Branch.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email.
- Honest and with high integrity.
- Understand the Banking Act, Central Bank Regulations, Clearing Procedures & general laws relating to Banking; adherence to strict KYC procedures.
- Knowledge in risks involved in Banking & how to mitigate them.
- Understand and implement processes and procedures
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy and attention for detail.
- Passion for championing & offering excellent customer service.
- Business acumen, Strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Ability to probe and negotiate with difficult customers, good at managing relationships.
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
Kindly send your 2 page CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to email@example.com and address it to The Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.
FCB is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.