October 2013 Machakos County Tractor Drivers (Plant Operators) Jobs Post in Kenya
- Ensure compliance of county policies and procedures.
- Operation of the equipment to comply with the specified standards in the manual.
- Ensure safe operation and productivity of the equipment.
- Ensures that the equipment and any other materials allocated are well maintained.
- Maintain duty of care for other users and work to occupational health and safety requirements.
- Service equipment by cleaning, lubricating and re-fuelling it and make minor adjustments and repairs when necessary.
- Ensure all the tools for the equipment are accounted for daily.
- Ensure Journey Management procedures are adhered to and that the equipment is kept clean and orderly.
- Adhere to all safety rules at the workshop and at project sites.
- Active participation in all safety/tailgate meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of work done / trips and ensure they have been authorized in advance.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ Plain or Equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Passed the suitability Test for Plant Operators.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements for the relevant class (es) of plant.
- Passed the Occupational Trade Test (I) for Plant Operators.
- Attended a refresher course for plant operators lasting not less than one (1) week within a period of three (3) years at the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Knowledge of the Traffic Act and other related regulations.
- Attended a First-Aid Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 19,323 – 24,662 p.m.
- House Allowance: Kshs. 5,000 p.m.
- Other Allowances: Kshs. 4,000 p.m.
- Terms of Service: Permanent
Machakos County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 603- 90100
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.