Employment Vacancy for Theatre Nurses at Jacaranda Health in Kenya January 2014
Job Summary: Jacaranda Health is seeking Theater Nurses with good experience in theater nursing and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women to work in our second facility within Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Theater nurse shall work to provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, and family planning for mothers and mothers-to-be in Jacaranda’s maternity
- To undertake routine duties in theatre as to prepare and clear the theatre before and after operating sessions.
- To undertake client care pre and post-operatively by monitoring and responding to abnormal recordings to the anaesthetist and the surgeon.
- Refer to the surgeon and the anaesthetist on relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- To maintain the theatre register and accurately as delegated by Hospital Manager.
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all patients
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Health management team and teammates to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality and clinic operations
- Diagnose, treat, and refer as appropriate antenatal, labour and postnatal complications
- Conduct normal and Caesarean deliveries and assess any complications that may require referral
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Over three (3) years’ experience in a Hospital Theatre setting preferably in a busy maternity department with experience handling complications during normal delivery.
- Registered nurse from KMTC or other recognized nurse training institute (Degree in nursing is an added advantage.)
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Post basic training in Theatre Nursing
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
- A commitment to providing world-class care, and the curiosity and commitment to excellence needed for continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- First, complete the online form available by clicking here Theater Nurse application form – Jan 2014 or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/aiunCv
- After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.