Medical Officer Job Vacancy at Jacaranda Health in Kenya March 2014
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Clinical Operations Director, the Medical Officer will offer quality health care to all patients in the hospital and work closely with other staff in all departments providing support and guidance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring provision and coordination of clinical care and service delivery at the facilities (Inpatient Maternity and Outpatient services)
- Follow-up of patients to the community through Health Workers and Care Givers
- Participation in quality improvement initiatives
- Promoting adherence to set organizational, national and international standards of care
- Responsible for patient chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the quality of care committee
- On call availability and the Maintenance of adequate provider staffing in the healthcare facility to ensure smooth flow of patients. This will include coordination of vacation schedule
- Program development, implementation and evaluation of curative, preventive, promotive, and reproductive health services including family planning.
- Carry out routine client consultations.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the director
- Bachelor of Medicine degree in Human Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health
- Licensed by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Practitioners Board
- Experience in managing a team and building capacity/training in resource-limited settings
- Ability to work in a public sector environment to accomplish goals and favorably influence decision making processes in a diplomatic and collaborative manner
Interested candidates should send their application cover letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Medical Officer
Preference will be given to candidates who will send their applications by March 28, 2014
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.