Job Opportunity for Chief Operator at Thermal Power Company in Kenya June 2014
- Overall in charge of all operational functions such as start, shut-down, stop and normal operations of diesel engines, boilers, steam turbine, separators, pumps and other auxiliary equipment, synchronising of generators, operation of breakers from the Control Room, etc. in accordance with the instructions given by the O&M Management.
- Be responsible for the best economical and environmental performance of the facility by means of daily observations, PPM (Plant Performance Management) and Maintenance system.
- Be responsible for informing, co-ordinating and relaying all pertinent information to the line manager and to ensure that production is in accordance with the terms of delivery issued by NCC.
- Responsible for supplying data for the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports as laid out in the O&M Management, complete and submit reports according to established procedures.
- Manage the operation of the plant without endangering any person’s safety and health.
- Supervise all levels of Plant Operators in designated shift
- Check the performance of the subordinates and conduct on-job training as may be necessary.
- Electrical or Mechanical Technical diploma/degree or equivalent
- 5 years relevant technical experience in a power plant or similar industry
- Ability to proactively manage a team and cooperate fully with management
- Flexible attitudes towards shift work with changing work hours caused by shift rotation.
- Interested in developing own capabilities and competences.
- Computer literate and able to communicate effectively.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.