Practical Action Communications and Practical Answers Manager Job in Kenya July 2014
- Lead the development of innovative information, knowledge generation and dissemination strategies implemented by the Unit based on cost effectiveness, impact, scalability and sustainability
- Review innovative approaches and technologies developed by Practical Action and other relevant agencies with an aim to broaden our institutional knowledge base
- Drive forward and manage partnerships within the country and region with local NGOs, CBOs, Government departments and other relevant partners for the dissemination of information and knowledge materials
- In conjunction with the Fundraising Manager, lay out clear strategies for timely donor intelligence, map out and develop/nature relationships with potential donors and other key stakeholders/partners to work with.
- Proactively develop ideas, concepts and project proposals on knowledge management and communication and market them to relevant donors
- Develop programmes for capacity building of local partners and community-based actors to develop and disseminate locally relevant knowledge products
- Oversee the design and production of publicity materials that depict our work and project a positive image of the organization including media engagement.
- Raise Practical Action’s institutional profile and strengthen our brand as an innovative technology based development agency
- Develop annual business plans and budgets for the Units, oversee their management and implementation
- Nurture and maintain strong working relationships with other programmes in the region and within our global network
- Masters degree in communication / journalism / or related discipline
- Post graduate diploma in Project Management, Public Relations, or relevant field
- Minimum 7 years relevant working experience, of which 3 should have been at managerial level
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili
Practical Action is an “equal opportunity” employer and highly encourages women to apply.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.