Job Recruitment : Jacaranda Health Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Doctor- In- Charge Career Opportunity
Career Opportunity: Doctor- In- Charge
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We have launched one clinic in Nairobi last year, and are currently expanding to other locations in the region.
We strive to be a data-driven company which improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market.
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.
We are seeking to hire full or part- time Medical Doctor specialized in Obstetrics Gynaecology who will be reporting to the Chief Medical Officer.
We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing Quality Care.
Overall Purpose: The Doctor will primarily be responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients, program coordination and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the Clinical Operations department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Protocols which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRASs)
- Assess, Monitor and provide appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Complete documentation, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Coordinate and discuss planned care with the patient and other team professionals as appropriate.
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with Jacaranda policy.
- The Medical Doctor will take an active role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Develop standards, protocols and procedures;
- Ensure that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately maintained;
Administration & Management
- Provides leadership, mentorship, coaching, support and guidance to ensure achievement of set objectives;
- Supervises, guides and trains the consultant doctors, clinical officers, interns, medical students and other cadres of clinical staff.
- Provide reports and contribute to the planning, budgeting and development of the medical service.
Education and Research
- The Doctor in Charge will continue to keep abreast with trends, developments and the appropriate utilization of technology in the field of medical care on a regular and ongoing basis;
- Participate in available educational sessions on topics such as clinical budgeting, medical audit, performance appraisal and quality control.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Specialized in Obstetrics and Gynaecology preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Doctor In charge as the Email Subject by 23rd February 2017.
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.