Location: Nyanza and Mombasa
Job Purpose: Install and configure software packages such as access control platforms, CCTV, Fire Detection and Intrusion Panels, Locks and Vehicle, Parking and Pedestrian systems.
- Work with Project Lead to schedule project related work and manage the work against the project timeline
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures. Requisition of materials from stores
- Demonstrate systems to clients and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms, offline cameras, non-functioning doors and barriers and provide training to the security system users
- Perform biometric systems functions such as system set up, installation, monitoring and adding application users and devices
- Integrate CCTVs with ATMs, POS, Intrusion and Fire Alarm systems
- Install and configure analog and IP CCTV cameras which following blueprints of electrical layouts and design plans.
- Install and configure Windows servers – AD, IIS, SQL, Firewalls, RAID etc
- Set up indoor and outdoor intrusion detectors
- Install and set up repeater panels, field devices and zones and loops
- Set up isolating devices and custom triggers and time delays for the Fire Detection system and integrate with the PA/Evac system
- Program locks, cards and set up encoders
- Install and configure sliding doors, automatic gates, bollards, barriers, turnstiles, speedstiles and long range readers
- Install, terminate, label,test and document UTP and Electrical cables as well as testing of cables using LAN testing, Continuity testing as per industry standards
- Draw cables through conduits and ensure they are concealed
Role Related Qualifications / Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in IT, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering from a recognized institution
- 3+ experience in installation, configuration and programing of security related software and hardware
- Operation of ohmmeters and oscilloscopic voltmeters, multi-meters, programming devices and all other related security systems test equipment
- Basic computer skills, including up/downloading to control panels
- Programming of addressable fire and electronic security systems
- Basic electronic laws, formula, color codes and electronic symbols and nomenclature
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
- Install, repair, design, and test hardwired, wireless, electronic, security, computerized fire, accesses control, duress, CCTV and fire suppressions systems
- Read and translate schematics and wiring diagrams
- Use proper test equipment and hand tools related to various fire and electronic security systems
- Communicate orally and in writing with department heads, supervisors, vendors and peers
- Climb ladders and work in high and low locations to reach remote areas
- Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the format “Technician – Nyanza” or “Technician – Mombasa” depending on which role you are applying for.
Also include your current and expected salary.
Deadline to apply is 2nd May COB
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.