Aug 2017 MSH Senior Technical Advisor (Monitoring & Evaluation) NGO Job in Kenya
Work opportunity : MSH NGO in Kenya
Latest Jobs opening : Senior Technical Advisor -M & E
Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E)
The key result areas include;
- Designing and implementing the Project’s M&E system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Developing an automated assessment, action planning, budgeting and monitoring instrument that provides reports on deliverables and expenditures, and yields returns on investment.
- Providing leadership in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the capacity and institutional development component of RIGO-SS.
- Contributing to the creation of appropriate and tailored performance solutions packages and implementation plans for each RIGO, which include the rationale for, and scope of, proposed activities, deliverables, milestones, timelines, budgets, and support from MSH and other sources, as well as a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan describing expected results and indicators. Areas of organizational strength include: leadership development, governance structures, resource mobilization, operations and financial management, knowledge exchange, monitoring and evaluation, grants management, performance-based financing, marketing and strategic communications, and strategic planning.
- Working with the Prime to issue small micro-grants to stimulate execution of the improvement plans; moreover, evidence indicates that these micro-grants actually stimulate internal investments into the performance solutions packages
- Collaborating on the development of M&E Plans capable of providing USAID/KEA and each RIGO with timely, accurate data on the results of the RIGO System Strengthening activity. Include in the M&E Plan measures of the efficiency of each intervention with each RIGO in its component parts, and the effectiveness of USAID/KEA’s investment including the main inputs and outputs, milestones and deliverables.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, such as an MPH, MBA, MPA, with at least 7 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and special studies for complex programs in developing countries.
- S/he should have excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, and working knowledge of financial management indicators.
- Knowledge of issues related to integrated health services and support programs.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- M&E experience in the health sector desired, particularly in health systems strengthening, Operations research experience is desired.
- Past experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2.
- Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English is required.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.