July 2017 Freight & Logistics Company Finance Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Career Opportunity: Finance Manager Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Finance Manager Job Recruitment
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff other duties as assigned.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reporting package.
- Maintains and reconciles monthly fixed asset detail and depreciation schedules for the company. Reconciles selected general ledger accounts, including some bank statement reconciliations, on a monthly basis.
- Prepares other analysis of financial information as requested.
- Assists with the annual audit, including preparing audit schedules and providing necessary information to the auditors.
- Assists with various audits and review of tax accounts by the taxing authorities as directed.
- Accountable for various daily accounting transactions within limits of delegated functions in general accounting; payables, receivables, payroll, and job cost including.
- Bachelor of Commerce Majored in Finance or Accounting, Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Master degree or equivalent post graduate degree
- CPA (K) or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience including 4 years at a managerial level position
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Deals well with pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Reporting Skills
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.