Medical Coordinator Assistant Vacancy at MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) in Kenya October 207
Career Recruitment : MSF Switzerland Job Vacancy
Job Description : Medical Coordinator Assistant Employment Opportunity
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Medical Coordinator Assistant
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator (Medco)
Main purpose: Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Follow-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- In the absence of a Mission pharmacy manager, organize and manage the central pharmacy in the Mission, managing medical stock, updating emergency boxes, preparing and dispatching medical orders requested by the field, and participating in drawing up international orders and organizing their reception, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness during the whole supply process.
- Carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- On the request of the Medical Coordinator, carries out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an evaluation, etc.).
- Monitoring and Supervision of all MSF Kenya mission with particular focus on Dagahaley project and response to North Eastern Provinces (NEP) emergencies
- Follow up of medical activities of Likoni and Dagahaley projects during the absence of deputy Medco assigned for monitoring and supervision of these projects.
- Support Medical Coordinator on Exploratory Mission/Situation Assessment/Project Formulation
- Know and apply rapid assessment tools and procedures (e.g. Population count…etc.)
- Carry out analysis of data collected, calculating indicators
- Know and apply sample collection and shipment protocols
- Support Medical Coordinator on Emergency response interventions
- Capitalization of expertise (through the relevant documentation and reporting)
- Support Medical Coordinator on project implementation f/up and monitoring of projects through field visits, data analysis and exchange of information
- Support Medical Coordinator on medical operational research/study, technical support to the field
Education: Medicine or paramedical degree essential (Specialization or training in tropical disease, desirable)
- Stress Management.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.