December 2017 ILRI Research Associate Job Opportunity in Nairobi Kenya
Career Opportunity: Research Associate Job Description
Employment Vacancy : International Livestock Research Institute Job Recruitment
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associate to support sustainable livelihood options for dryland populations.
The Position: This position will be part of the Index Based Livestock Insurance (IBLI) team as it works to support sustainable livelihood options for dryland populations.
- Provide research and analytical support to project scientist and contribute to research papers
- Engage with stakeholders and policy makers to present our findings and further our agenda
- Write research reports summarizing and analysing data
- Contribute to the team’s research for development agenda (research design and strategy, survey instruments, sampling frame, survey implementation strategy, enumerator training, data collection and analysis
- Oversee management of project data: data cleaning, data inventory and storage, data analysis
- Writing and updating survey data code books that fully describe the research and survey design, data collection methods, cleaning and inventory processes
- Contribute to communication, dissemination of research findings which should include participation in meetings and workshops, giving periodic presentations to participating institutions, and communicating to policy makers through web and popular media
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics, and Agriculture Economics, Statistics or other related discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in research for development
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative household level socio-economic data collection and analysis; experience must involve field worked survey implementation as well as data analysis and report writing
- Experience with statistical packages (R, SPSS, STATA)
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft packages
- Excellent communications skills and ability to engage well with stakeholders
- Experience in presenting and reporting on research outputs
- Experience working in the field in remote locations
Job Level: This position is at job level 2D and open to Kenyan nationals only. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should CLICK HERE to send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development before 15 December 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.