The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act, 2013 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists. The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position.
Responsibilities for the Communications Officer Job
- Conceptualization and development of communication and advocacy strategies including editing, production and dissemination of the Council’s information, communication and education materials.
- Take the leading editing role in the Council’s newsletter, The Media Observer as well as other Council publications including reports, information summaries, annual reports, policy briefs and promotional materials.
- Planning and implementing outreach activities and media relations to build strategic partnerships and visibility for the organization
- Developing effective support networks and positive working relationships with government agencies, NGO’s, development partners and community groups.
- Organizing and conducting public outreach activities, trainings, ensuring positive visibility of the organization and production of social mobilization materials
- Identify and support the Council’s communication and marketing needs to help raise its profile, as well as publicize its mandate, and objectives and activities.
- Respond to internal information needs.
- Assist to identify Audio/Visual needs to cover Council activities where appropriate.
- Media monitoring, media liaison and assist in preparing speeches and presentations and maintenance of website
- Produce multimedia stories.
- Assist in managing the Council and partner in managing the Council’s website and Social Media platforms.
- Assist in Organizing Council events and formation of such events as conferences, workshop and seminars.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Communications Officer Job Qualifications
- Degree in social sciences, journalism or related field from a recognised institution.
- Relevant Master’s Degree together with the above qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Experience in spearheading communication strategies and campaigns in or around the Kenyan context.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated high level of personal achievement and effectiveness.
- Outstanding communication skills including excellent spoken and written English.
We’re looking for a self-driven individual with a strong and relevant professional background for this position. The right individual will bring innovation and creativity to the role, while providing practical advice to MCK’s management in executing the communications strategy. At a minimum you will have:
- Writing and editing skills imperative
- Ability to mobilise stakeholders
- Online information management, social media and website administration
- Understand Kenya’s media environment
- Publication and documents too
- Online information Management
- Report writing
How to Apply
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can also be sent via E-mail: email@example.com
Or hand deliver applications to: Media Council of Kenya, Ground Floor, Britam Centre at Mara/Ragati Road Junction in Upper Hill So as to reach not later than 20th January 2018.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.