We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Safaricom Garage within the Innovation Hub. To intensify our efforts to transform lives, we have recently established Safaricom Garage, an innovation setup with the goal to create new solutions on top of the Safaricom platform.
At Safaricom Garage we are bringing together product managers, engineers and partners to develop scalable solutions that can transform lives in our region. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering we are looking for individuals with strong software engineering skills, are passionate about developing industrial strength software solutions and have a track record that proves their skills. We are not particular about the programming languages you have mastered, but interested in individuals, who understand programming and strive towards developing great products. We want to hire a team of software engineers, who take pride in what they build, who are self-motivated to constantly improve their skills and who will bring a new perspective towards developing outstanding products. In addition we expect our software engineering team to develop their own ideas and create viable solutions.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer Job
- Develop software products;
- Work in a larger engineering team tasked to develop new products for Safaricom;
- Create new ideas and demonstrate them in code;
- Work with product managers and external parties in a team;
- Ensure delivery timelines.
Software Engineer Job Requirements
- Proficient in various programming languages and frameworks, such as C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python and Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Android or iOS experience
- Understanding of API design and core software design techniques
- Technical understanding of both front-end and backend development
- BS or MS in computer science, software engineering or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2-3 years of coding experience in a non-university setting
- Experience with mobile app development.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Closing Date: 28-Jun-2017
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.