Reporting to the Project Manager. Post will be on 2-year contract; renewable depending on the duration of the Project
To make sure that work is carried out to the client’s standards, specification and schedule. Clerks of Works must be able to liaise with Engineers when dealing with Technical matters that may arise on major Construction Projects.
Clerk of Works Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade an officer must: –
- Have a Diploma in Civil Engineering/Building Construction from a recognized institution;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in construction industry;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
Tasks for the Clerk of Works Job
- Coordinate, monitor, inspect and supervise construction works including foundation works, tower erection and stringing activities;
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress;
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to project manager;
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay;
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for the client as required;
- Attend all job-site meetings as client’s representative or in conjunction with project manager;
- Perform related duties as assigned including continuous reporting to the contractor on available work fronts;
- Work in collaboration with Wayleave officers and the project implementation team to ensure the project run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
How to Apply
In addition to the above, successful candidates for position one (1) will be expected to:-
Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 19th January, 2018 at 4.30pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor,
Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 34942 – 00100,
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment to all the positions except No.16 will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.