Architect Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our client specializes in innovative modern designs for corporate clients. They seek to hire a well experienced full time Architect that will double up as an interior designer with the ability to also manage projects.
Industry: Interior Design
Gross Salary: 200k plus benefits
Architect Job Responsibilities
- Meeting the client to understand the project
- Liaise with client to ensure design specifications have been met and obtain necessary approvals
- Lead in the project planning process and distribute the detailed project plan, budget, forecast and schedules to the relevant stakeholders
- Undertake design project from concept to completion
- Define project requirements and schedule during the “brief”
- Plan and estimate budgets for projects
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing
- Draw up floor plans and sketches
- Use computer-aided design (Vectorworks) to create drawings
- Provide all necessary information to Finance to ensure that accurate estimations are prepared by Finance Dept.
- Comparative market analysis in a bid to obtain best price for project builds.
- Collaborate and monitor drawing up floor plans and sketches specifying arrangement of furniture, fixtures, accessories, paint and wall coverings, art work, and other related items as may be required
- Monitor development progress to ensure that it is running according to schedule. Notify the management of any potential delays
- Manage project expenditure, invoices and payments within the budget, and keep accurate and up to date accounts;
- Sign off on building works and manage interim/tranche payments
- Manage the hand over process of completed projects in full working order ready for opening;
- Sign off development deliverables with the relevant contractor to ensure they have performed according to the signed contractual agreements
- Communicate & co-ordinate project requirements with the project team and other involved parties
- Compile, store and manage project documentation archive in line with audit requirements
Qualifications for the Architect Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Trained and qualified at a well renowned university, preferably from amongst the top universities in the UK but not necessarily.
- Has excellent CAD skills, but in particular “VectorWorks”
- Is a talented architect, Interior architect or Interior designer and has a strong flair for design.
- Has formal training in Project Management skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience handling large projects
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations and approval processes
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills – ability to manage teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized and detail-driven
- Is attuned to areas of structural, mechanical, electrical and site requirements and can effectively interpret drawings
How to Apply
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.