Adult HIV & Tb Treatment – Technical Advisor Job at Centre for Health Solutions
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Program Director, the technical advisor, adult HIV/TB treatment is a key member of the technical team in the region. S/he will be responsible for providing technical support in the implementation of clinical care in Adult HIV prevention, care and treatment activities. This will be in coordination with the Ministry of Health and CHS county staff specifically in Adult HIV care, under the SHINDA Project.
Technical Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Providing technical support in development and implementation of work plans
- Providing technical support in design and implementation of Adult HIV & TB programs
- Providing technical support at national, regional and facility level and for the establishment and strengthening of TB/HIV activities at all CHS-supported facilities in coordination with the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy, and Lung Diseases Program (NTLDP),the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), County Departments of Health and the Ministry of Health and capacity of health workers
- Providing technical support to a team of implementing officers in the region and to MoH staff including training and mentorship
- Development of job aids, tools and materials as needed including CMEs for use at facility level to support health care workers to provide HIV & TB treatment services
- Build capacity of county teams to prioritise and provide Adult HIV & TB services
- Strengthening referral linkages between TB Clinic and Comprehensive care clinics at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of TB infection control at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of IPT use at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of surveillance and management of drug-resistant TB infection control at CHS-supported facilities
- Provides technical support in the plans, budgets and report for the Adult health activities in the program
- Take part in drafting CHS quarterly and annual reports and other written materials such as lessons learned, case studies and other materials as require
- Assisting in program monitoring and evaluation and use of data to inform program planning and continuous improvement as well as research as required
- Participate in TWGs and relevant meeting to strengthen and report on Adult HIV and TB-related activities and targets
- Liaising with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in the implementation of the program in line with Ministry of Health guidelines and priorities
- Represent CHS in various forums including Adult HIV and TB technical working groups and report on the same
Qualifications for the Technical Advisor Job
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) with Masters in Medicine or Public Health
- Minimum of five years working experience in development programs with significant technical assistance experience in public health programs; HIV/AIDS program experience preferred
- Working experience in donor funded public health program is an added advantage
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships with project staff, donors, sub-contractors and other partners
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title for the position you are applying, by Wednesday, August 22, 2018. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.