Senior Accountant Job at Anti-Counterfeit Agency
Job Reference: ACA/SA/6 (1 Post)
Starting Basic Salary: – Kshs 98,958
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency was established under the Anti-Counterfeit Act 2008 as a State Corporation with the mandates to enlighten and inform the public on matters relating to counterfeiting, combat counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods, devise and promote training programs to combat counterfeiting and co-ordinate with national, regional or international organizations involved in combating counterfeiting.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant is responsible to the Chief Accountant and will:-
- Processing payments as per established procedures and policies
- Capturing invoices/certificate of contract into the system
- Reviewing payments vouchers to ensure compliance to approved procedures
- Supervising daily cash count and posts transactions as per approved systems
- Liaising with suppliers to facilitate reconciliation of accounts
- Sorting out the reconciliation items in the bank statements, payroll and accruals accounts
- Processing payments and making appropriate entries into staff bank accounts.
- Carrying out reconciliations of salaries and wages accounts as per approved procedures and policies
- Preparing payroll as per approved procedures and policies
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Ensuring that all revenues/incomes are receipted and banked intact as per laid down procedures.
- Ensuring that all banking reconciliation is done promptly and timely follow-ups made on any identified discrepancies
- Ensuring proper accounting for the petty cash and effective management of imprest system from various departments.
- Participating in the process of conducting annual stock takes and reconciliation of the same to the respective ledger accounts.
- Maintaining a fixed asset register ensuring that assets purchased are properly recorded on the register.
- Reconciling accounts of debtors as per policy and procedures
- Preparing of external audit schedules as directed by the Head of Finance.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the management
- Ensuring statutory deductions and payments are remitted to the respective authorities
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Senior Accountant Job
For appointment to the grade of Senior Accountant, the officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Sociology, or related disciplines;
- Obtained Certified Public Accountants CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- at least four (4) years working experience in Finance & Accounting;
- attended a Senior Management Course; and
- Must be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya.
How to Apply
The candidate should attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be expected to provide the following clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All applicants are requested, to downloaded application Bio Data form and MUST fill it. The applications and copies of certificates MUST be sent through the post office or hand delivered to our offices.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Anti-Counterfeit Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, persons from marginalized communities and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Any attempt to directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification. All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 23rd October, 2018.
3rd Floor, National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation Building
Dunga Road, Industrial Area
P.O. Box 47771-00100
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.