Career Opportunity : Treasury Accountant Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Wananchi Group (K) Ltd Job Recruitment
Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Department: Group Finance
Employment Status / Type: Full time
Position Reporting to: Treasury and Payables Manager
Manages Others: Yes
Positions Managed: Treasury officer
Job Purpose / Summary: The Wananchi Group (WGK) is Africa’s pioneering provider of Triple Play (broadband, multi-channel television and voice telephony) and direct-to-home (DTH) satellite PayTV. The position will be responsible for the company’s cash management, ensuring adequate liquidity, review of weekly and monthly bank reconciliation reports, and preparation of cash forecast. The position reports to the Treasury and Payables manager, but will work closely with other managers within the Group.
- Overseeing cash transactions, ensuring adequate liquidity so that there’s never shortage of cash.
- Ensure the movement of cash within the operating countries is in a tax efficient manner.
- Forex dealings with the banks and negotiation of the best rates to ensure that loss in exchange rates are as low as possible.
- Check and verify cash transactions; and also investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies.
- Assist in the management of long and short term cash flow and working capital management.
- Preparation of monthly Cash forecast.
- Ensure the company’s banking operations; seeing to it that all funds are appropriately banked ensuring efficiency.
- Investing of idle cash at the bank through fixed deposit to earn interest.
- Implementing online banking system, maintaining bank statements, analyzing bank fees, implementing banking related changes as needed.
Controls and Financial Reporting
- Monthly end-month reporting, revaluation of foreign accounts and cash and cash equivalent report.
- Review of weekly and monthly bank reconciliations and ensuring that the same is maintained in a filing system.
- Ensure accurate accounting of Treasury transactions that are properly documented, verified & authorized.
- Respond to audit query both internal and external auditors.
- Assist in preparation of Company’s financials.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Preparation of monthly cash forecast by WD5
- Monthly Bank reconciliation review by WD3
- Monthly closure by WD2
- Journal postings by WD1
- Clean and reconciled balance sheet
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. CPA(K) qualification preferred
- Above average level of computer literacy and skills;
- At least five years post-graduation working experience in a cash management position.
- Experience in preparing Power Point presentations is essential;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation.
- Excellent time management/organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th November 2018.
The subject line should be “Treasury Accountant”.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.