Career Opportunity : KawiSafi Ventures Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Senior Investment Manager Job Recruitment
KawiSafi Ventures | Senior Investment Manager
KawiSafi Ventures is a leading investment fund focused high-growth, underserved renewable energy markets in east Africa. KawiSafi identifies and partners with the most innovative technology-driven companies in the world to drive commercial success and bring energy access to millions of people. Sponsored by Acumen, and backed by a committed group of international LPs, the Fund’s investments aim to offer competitive returns and impact at scale.
The Senior Investment Manager will identify, evaluate and execute investment opportunities based on a first-of-its-kind ecosystem approach, combining investments in product companies, software enablers, financing vehicles. The Fund will invest directly in scalable businesses within the off-grid value chain, including solar home systems, mini-grids, captive power, and Commercial & Industrial.
The Senior Investment Manager will work as a core team-member to execute and realise the commercial and impact objectives of the fund and advise on formulation of investment objectives for investee companies.
The Senior Investment Manager will participate in transaction functions and portfolio management activities, function as an integral part of a close-knit team of investment professionals, take the lead in financial modeling and industry research, play a key role in the underlying analysis of investment decisions, and assist senior colleagues in structuring and negotiating prospective investments in target companies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of investment opportunities including financial modeling, valuation and return analysis;
- Market and industry research;
- Due diligence on companies, management, customers, competitors and industries;
- Preparation of term sheets and letters of intent and review of transaction documentation;
- Monitoring of select portfolio companies and quarterly portfolio valuation analysis; and
- Preparation of materials for KSV’s investment committee.
In addition, there will be scope for the Senior Investment Manager to take an active role in developing and implementing an innovative technical assistance facility supported by donor funds. This can include developing plans for portfolio companies and other interventions that build the regional ecosystem and leverage KawiSafi’s position.
Does this sound like you?
- At least 5 years investment experience, preferably with a large, international firm.
- Have experience structuring equity as well as debt transactions in emerging markets.
- Have strong, mature inter-personal skills.
In order to apply for the role, please use the following link to apply: https://goo.gl/byiF86
The application is on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply at the earliest.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.