Career Opportunity : KCA University Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Director of Centre for Faculty Excellence Job Recruitment
KCA University (KCAU) is ranked the fourth (4th) best private university in Kenya, and is the ninth (9th) best university countrywide by Webometrics World Ranking of Universities.
We are a chartered business and technology university committed to quality service and ethical practices. We are shaping higher education in Kenya, and have embarked on a number of strategic changes, including alliances with renowned universities, development agencies and investors.
KCA University seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position;
Director of Centre for Faculty Excellence
Job Objective: To support the development of KCAU as the national leader in innovative education and training by advancing the scholarship and practice of teaching and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing individual and collaborative activities that promote faculty scholarly research productivity, teaching excellence, and progress through academic ranks;
- Provide direction and oversight for faculty engagement expertise in pedagogy; instructional design and instructor development programs;
- Provide leadership to faculty development and consulting in support of the University mission to provide a learning experience for all our students;
- Work with teaching and research support groups to improve efficiency, collaboration and create opportunities to leverage existing resources in new and innovative ways;
- Develop new and innovative programs and support the connection between teaching and research in curriculum and the focus in digital pedagogies to support enrollment growth and generate revenue;
- Support the ever-evolving teaching and research needs by providing essential, coordinated, policy-aligned tools, services and expertise to the entire university;
- Conduct instructional designs, consultations, classroom observations and assessment development services for faculty;
- Customize learning materials to subject area domains of faculty teaching across campus;
- Work with faculty to address critical issues and develop strategies to enhance teaching and learning including working with administrative units, Deans, Chairs and Senate to develop appropriate policy and guidelines around teaching and learning;
- Work with faculty to develop and manage grants related to the scholarship of teaching and lead external faculty development projects that generate revenue for the University;
- Design and organize faculty training content and delivery methods in accordance with guidelines set by regulators;
- Maintain records, reports for certification and assessment purposes;
- Support efforts associated with the University assessment plan;
- Develop and implement assessment tools to evaluate effectiveness and identify areas for improvement;
- Coordinate scheduling for Learning Centre and Adaptive Tech Lab Services;
- Develop and monitor department budget;
- Participate in all relevant Faculty Committees;
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate Professor with PhD in a related area and experience in a leadership position in an organization focused on teaching and learning including program building within a leading academic institution and administrative, budgetary, human resources and financial responsibility;
- Ability to develop and conduct professional development for faculty that will improve student learning outcomes by enhancing instructional practices and delivery of professional development;
- Demonstrate skills to develop and maintain professional relationships and work collaboratively with campus leadership, department chairs,
school/College deans and faculty at all ranks as well as other directors and managers in academic partner units;
- Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, communication, consultation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrate expertise building collaborations between academia, industrial and/or governmental agencies including grant and fundraising/revenue generation experience;
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 13th November, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Human Resources Director,
P.O Box 56808-00200,
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.