Career Opportunity : Epidemiologist Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Médecins Sans Frontières France Job Recruitment
Médecins Sans Frontières France in Nairobi is looking to fill the position of Epidemiologist. The successful candidate will report to the Medical Coordinator.
Objective of the Position: The Epidemiologist (M&E/DM) is responsible for all data aspects transversal to the project activities. S/he will supervise a team of M&E advisors and Data Entry Operators to obtain quality and reliable data in order to assess the impact of the activities using the existing national system as well as MSF-specific databases.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Data management and reporting
- Create, Review and modify data collection tools according to the project necessities in close collaboration with Medical Coordination team and Medical teams in the field.
- Oversee the data entry processes for all medical activities.
- Provide technical support to routine data collection for specific databases (Kenya EMR, REDCap and Excel among others).
- Lead/support the production of standard medical reports in timely basis.
- Ensure database back-ups and standard medical reports are centralized at Medical coordination level and shared with coordination team, desk and other relevant persons according to established schedule
- Produce cohorts and other analysis upon request.
- Establish DQA processes to ensure good performance of the activities and reliability of the information (e.g. generation of lists of errors, design and implementation of data quality assurance procedures).
- Coordinate the development, implementation and follow up of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for documentation.
- Provide technical support for any new activity implementation in regard to M&E.
- Participates in the technical review of research proposals/protocols in the mission
- Supports PIs/Co-Investigators to meet the in-country research regulatory/IRB requirements before submission of study protocols
- Facilitates the medical administrative process for submission of research protocols to IRBs
- Maintains an updated matrix of all research studies conducted within the mission
- Participates in identification of key research questions of operational significance to MSF projects, and; articulates such questions in the form of concept notes for further discussion in the mission and with the medical department at HQ
- Disseminates research findings within MSF projects and to larger in-country audience In collaboration with the medical coordinator and the PIs
- Conducts periodic in-depth analysis of routine program/project medical data for purposes of in-house data utilization for operational decision making as well as external presentation of projects to programmatic and scientific audiences
- Analyses medical context, research and routine program data/information and makes recommendations to medical coordinator regarding medical operations
- Participates in periodic evaluations of routine projects
Administration, supervision and coaching
- Oversee the work of M&E advisors and Data Entry Operators Team.
- Identify training needs and coach M&E advisors in data processes related topics.
- Assist medical staff on the field with all M&E and data reporting issues.
- Provide regular trainings for other staff (internal and external) on issues related to data management and data analysis.
- Represent MSF in relevant national and regional committees with constant support from Coordination Team.
- Collaborate closely with the regional and national M&E offices on all data issues.
- Provide technical support in strengthening monitoring and evaluation systems.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master in Epidemiology, Public Health or other fields related.
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E/Data Management.
- Previous experience in TB and/or HIV management of information is an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain diplomatic relationship with MoH officials
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as SPSS, SAS or STATA
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multicultural team.
How to Apply:
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae via the email address provided below.
Mention on the subject email line “Epidemiologist”.
Application deadline: 23rd November 2018
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.