Career Vacancy : Parker Randall Eastern Africa Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Business Development Manager Job Recruitment
Parker Randall Eastern Africa is a member firm of Parker Randall International.
We offer professional services in Audit, Tax and Advisory across Africa. The firm is committed to deliver quality services through highly integrated global methodologies and adherence to professional standards.
The Eastern Africa Practice has its regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We seek to recruit for the position of Business Development Manager based in the Nairobi office but with limited travel to the regional offices.
- Drive the development and conversion of the business pipeline;
- Deliver market intelligence information such as financial performance analysis, industry’s/client’s analysis, market share and competitor SWOT analysis and thought leadership and pipeline reporting;
- Oversee the business pipeline tracking & regular review with suggested recommendations;
- Updating and maintaining CRM to ensure validity and completeness;
- Prepare monthly reports to identify and track the business pipeline, wins and losses, budgeted vs. actual sales.
- Publications – develop internal and external newsletters and other publication material and content in liaison with other team members across the service lines;
- Events – identify events and forums that add value to the firm’s positioning and coordinate with event owners;
External Market Engagement:
- Initiate and build relationship with all stakeholders in both the private and public sector.
- Segment the market into the various sectors and industries and the specific target clients for the same.
- Work with technical and administrative staff to develop client focused pitches.
- Liaise closely with Parker Randall International (Global) and to ensure proper alignment of strategy and to optimize benefits of connectivity.
- Support in the actualization of the Parker Randall Africa Region Strategy.
- Prepare engagement letters and agreements with clients;
- Supporting service line managers as point of contact for pipeline management;
- Facilitate connectivity within cross lines of service; drive the team to utilize one firm approach and supporting tools.
- Respond to EOI’s, RFQs and RFPs in a timely manner;
- Provide proposals support including proposal development, management and advice, proposal coaching of the firm’s priority/major proposals, driving best practice and supporting tools;
- Working with key stakeholders at all levels of the business to align proposals support to business strategy and priority areas (including proposal preparation pre-RFP, throughout the proposal process and at presentation stage;
- Ownership and maintenance of client and proposals repository;
- Central point of contact for notification and pipeline management of all priority proposals and actively follow up leads.
Other Business Development & Firm Support:
- Deliver training session on business development/client relationship management approach; Firm event and other Ad Hoc Projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent experience working in a sizeable business development environment, preferably in a professional services firm;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or closely related field;
- Master’s degree in Marketing or related field will be an added advantage.
- Membership to a Professional Body.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong and confident in approaching markets and developing business relationships;
- Ability to analyse markets situation and to engage decision makers in all types of business environments;
- Excellent influencing and communication skills (verbal and written) – effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience
- Sound commercial understanding, highly developed analytical skills and risk awareness;
- Experienced and confident in presentations and report writing;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent bid management skills;
Has solid experience in:
- Market Analysis
- Industry credentials and CV management
- Managing diverse senior stakeholder groups
- Proficient in both written and spoken English;
- Client service and detail oriented;
- Focused and output driven;
- Creative and innovative;
- High personal standards – organised, good planner, maintain confidentiality and good time management skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Send application and resume to email@example.com by 5th January 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.