Career Vacancy : Finance Specialist Job Description
Employment Opportunity : RTI International Nigeria Job Recruitment
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill vacancies for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty.
In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year cooperative agreement (KCDMS Activity) to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
We are currently seeking applications for the following positions:
The Finance Specialist 1 is responsible for coordinating grants and accounting procedures of the KCDMS Activity.
S/he supports the project by working closely with the Finance and Grants teams. S/he is aware of, and adheres to USAID’s and RTI’s financial, procurement and grants procedures. S/he will be expected to undertake other finance related activities within the department.
Under the direction of the Senior Accountant, the Finance Specialist will:
- Provides leadership to Grants management process and payables
- Review expenses and reports before they are booked into QuickBooks
- Respond to and perform audit functions for the grantees
- Perform budget Vs expenses analysis
- Any other duty as may be assigned
- Master’s degree with at least 1-year relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ experience
- CPA qualification or equivalent required
- Prior grants, audit and budget management experience is required
- Project accounting, auditing and budget proposal preparation will be an added advantage
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 28th December 2018.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE and PREFERRED LOCATION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.