Career Opportunity : HR Assistant Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Sanergy Kenya Job Recruitment
HR Assistant – HRIS, Payroll and Benefits
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
We currently seek a HR Assistant – HRIS, Payroll and Benefits who will work in our Administrative and Procurement Department.
A typical day for you might include the following
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensuring sensitization of all benefits for staff is done annually and to completion
- Maintaining a benefits tracker of staff on all benefits payments made for the different benefits and the debits and credits and ensuring that the trackers at any one time are up-to-date
- Responding promptly to issues raised by staff concerning benefits and escalate where necessary
- Administering health plans and other benefits, including enrollment and terminations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring prompt submission and review of medical utilization reports and communicate observations and recommendations.
- Ensuring Accidents and incidents cases reported on Salesforce are added to incident and accident tracker.
- Collaborating with QHSE and Government Relations teams to ensure timely filing in and submissions of DOSH and insurance in case of any work Injuries.
- Ensuring GPL/GPA/WIBA claims and medical reimbursements have been submitted to insurers in a timely manner and reimbursements done to the Internal customer/Company
- Coordinating with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance challenges
- Reviewing and process insurance provider billings
- Reviewing costing schedules sent by the insurer and make sure they are accurate
- Liaising with procurement partners to ensure that PRs for benefits are approved and payment processed on time to avoid discontinuation of service.
- Continuously reviewing of Pension statements from the pension provider and summaries from accounting to ensure there are no discrepancies. Provide feedback to manager and the person concerned.
- Collaborating with the Government Relations team to get quarterly compliance certificate for NHIF
- Assisting in ensuring timely renewals of benefits on a yearly basis.
- Ensuring that HRIS (Salesforce) staff profiles are 100% complete, accurate and up to date
- Onboarding new staff on Salesforce and benefits and support staff on HRIS issues and inquiries
- HR administration, such as leave management, payroll administration, salary advance, contract reports and retrievals
- Administering payroll for 200+ employees on a monthly basis
- Liaising with Accounting Department in processing payroll and necessary deductions for the staff and ensuring the final commuted list of salaries and advances payable are checked and verified.
- Generating and distribute payslips
- Maintaining payroll records and keep them up to date
- Records management through maintenance of staff physical files and records, ensuring up-to-date. An audit should be done annually and report on missing documents shared with Talent Partners and Manager.
- Continuously check for missing documents from the trackers and send reminders to Talent Partners for the collection of the same.
- Ensuring issues and inquiries raised are addressed courteously and in a timely manner
- Providing reports when requested
- Ensuring timely turnaround time of handling business cards requests from internal customers. Recommended time is one week from time of the request
- Collaborating with the Design Specialist to create Posters for relevant HR events and Holiday notifications in a timely manner.
- Sending communications through bulk SMS to workmen concerning HR related issues.
- Collaborating with the Talent Partners and manager in having timely submissions of the overtime and Holiday attendance sheet.
- Preparation Certificate of service for staff
- Coordinating Clearances for Terminated staff
- Ensuring all contracts are ready for renewal
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Related field Diploma in Human Resource Management or Related field
- Minimum of 2 years in Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing data
- Demonstrable experience in Payroll administration skills of a large workforce
- Working experience with Salesforce Human Capital Management Module is an added advantage
- Proficient with office computer applications
- Cultural Enabler: Ability to uphold the organizations values, creating and maintaining positive individual and collective relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Acts as a change agent, developing and guiding the organizations capacities to continually adapt, translating this into effective and sustained change processes and structures
- Mandatory knowledge of Kenyan labour laws and processes including working understanding of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and Work Injury Benefits Act
- Time management skills and attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 20th December, 2018.
Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.