Career Opportunity : Global Communities Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Cooperative Development Officer Job Recruitment
Global Communities – Partners for Good
Vacancy Announcement: Cooperative Development Officer
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Cooperative Development Officer for the USAID/Kenya Cooperative, Leadership, Engagement, Advocacy & Research (CLEAR)
The Cooperative Development Officer will report to the Cooperative Specialist / Country Team Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Cooperative Development Officer will work with Country Team Lead USAID / CLEAR program, and the Global Communities teams to identify and support a suite of service and housing based Cooperative Business Enterprises (CBEs) within the selected County jurisdiction of the CLEAR program.
This entails executing a range of enterprise business support services and tools aimed at improving the commercial and social returns to CBEs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying, planning, development and sustainability of a diversified portfolio of Cooperative Based Enterprises which entails managing the business life cycle and providing appropriate
technical and financial resource linkages for these enterprises.
- Executing all due diligence, business planning, service/product development, operational management, capacity inclusiveness, revenue/benefits sharing, audit and governance for selected CBEs. These shall entail completing the relevant templates, obtaining approvals from CLEAR Team Lead and Chief of Party, developing the CBEs to ‘open for businesses or ‘increase the top line’ and then monitoring them for sustainability.
- Undertake capacity audits for select CBEs and designing and delivering appropriate training and capacity building interventions to selected CBEs
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of a CBE stakeholder forum involving established private sector corporations to enhance learning and mentoring support.
- Participate in monitoring and Evaluation of CBEs at mission, activity, capacity and impact levels and feedback to the CLEAR strategic planning.
- Contribute to CBE capitalization and financial structuring (debt, equity, grants etc.) including commercial money market venture capitalist funds engagement.
- Work with the CLEAR team to explore linkages with US based social enterprise debt funds for CBEs
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of a CBE development toolkit to be used as a practitioners’ reference for implementation of sustainable CBEs
- Participate in iterative benefits distribution strategy development for CBEs appreciating that the scale, frequency, timing, spread and distribution of benefits determine the success or failure of CBEs
- Contribute to the development of CBE best practice compilation as a learning component and as an aspect of the CLEAR intellectual capital development.
- Commitment to Global Communities and USAID /CLEAR Mission and values.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all the duties of the position at Global Communities.
Global Communities reserves the right to change and update position descriptions at any time.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Cooperative Development, Business Management or any other relevant degree.
- CPA (K) preferred.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years private sector experience preferably in SME sector;
- Demonstrated interest of key concepts of SMEs development, micro financing and business lifecycle support;
- Familiarity with service type and multi sector Cooperative Business Enterprises;
- Appreciation of the dynamics of service based Cooperative Business Enterprises and innovative creativity on how to respond to these challenges;
- Awareness and sensitivity to new Cooperative Business interventions and approaches;
- Excellent verbal, writing and reporting skills;
- Proven ability to undertake feasibility and commercial viability assessments for CBEs;
- Ability to undertake business audits including board, service, operations, accounts, marketing, management and reinvestment strategies;
- Ability to execute multivariate indices analysis similar to Cooperative Performance Index measurement;
- Ability to communicate effectively and conduct capacity training for identified gaps in CBEs;
- Ability to work with multi tasked teams in various themes;
- Gender and diversity sensitivity;
- Willingness to work long hours when required occasionally over the weekends;
- Ability to travel domestically;
Language Skills: Fluency in written and oral English and Swahili
- Based in Nairobi office with travel within and outside the country as required to perform duties.
- Able to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received no later than 21st December 2018.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.