Career Opportunity : Turkana Basin Institute Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Community Development Manager Job Recruitment
Turkana Basin Institute is an independent, international research institute, which facilitates scientific research in the Turkana Basin, with particular emphasis on prehistory.
The institution is looking to fill the following position:
A passionate and results oriented Community Development Manager.
This position will be based at the TBI Nairobi Office with some time spent at the TBI campuses on the east and west sides of Lake Turkana.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for running the institution’s community development programs
- Educate the public at large about the TBI CSR initiatives
- Develop and implement the strategy for fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Donor Engagement to fundraise for the various projects, including new projects and through various methods which include online funding options
- Engage in needs assessment for project proposal and develop the project proposals as necessary
- Community outreach in Turkwel and Ileret
- Develop and strengthen the community programs including the Bursary program and Volunteer Teacher Support Program
- Oversee the selection and development of the Bursary program with the relevant communities, research projects and committees
- Liaise with the local counties to keep them informed and ensure engagement and support for the TBI projects
- Compile monthly reports on TBIs community activities
- Revive the quarterly newsletter and provide local press articles
- Develop leaflets/ posters for educational visits as well as outreach brochures
- All other related assigned tasks
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in community development or any other related social science
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A Minimum of 6 years of work experience in community development/ CSR Work, with at least 4 years in a management role.
- Proven project management skills
- Proven fund raising/ resource mobilization skills
- Excellent Communication skills, written & spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong relationship builder
- Demonstrates passion & integrity.
- Willingness to travel and spend time in the field
- Those who previously applied for the Community Development Management position need not reapply.
- Prospective applicants need to provide the following documents:
- A detailed CV/Resume that highlights experience and qualifications as outlined above and indicating the expected gross salary
- Three signed letters of reference/recommendation, including full contacts of the referees.
How to Apply
Please email applications to email@example.com by 10th December 2018.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.