Career Vacancy : Project Director Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Project Director Job Recruitment
Job Vacancy: Project Director
Role Purpose: Our client seeks a qualified Project Director for a five year, multi-million pound sexual and reproductive health programme.
Reporting directly to the Country Director, the Project Director will be responsible for the line management of senior programme management staff.
The programme will increase access to family planning for women, men and young people in 19 counties in Kenya through a combination of:
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of modern contraception;
- Increasing access to quality contraception in the private and public sector; and
- Improving the supply of quality family planning services in the public sector.
The project will be strongly committed to leaving no one behind and will have a strong focus on reaching young people, the less fortunate, the disabled and people who are marginalised.
The Project Director will lead the programme; ensuring that it delivers the expected results and provides value for money to the donor. S/he will be the main point of contact with our partner and manage relationships within the consortium.
S/he will have ultimate authority on all aspects of the programme and will ensure that it is implemented with the highest standards of quality and efficiency, working closely with the Country Director and technical teams. S/he will ensure that the programme meets our client’s internal standards and donor compliance.
The successful candidate:
- The Project Director will be the overall lead for the Delivering Sustainable and Equitable Increases in Family Planning in Kenya project, and will be accountable for delivery of agreed project results and KPIs across all intervention areas;
- S/he will be the technical focal point and will be expected to provide technical oversight for the day-to-day implementation of the project across all consortium members;
- S/he will ensure that donor standards are reached in the implementation of the project and that all technical specifications of the project are delivered to a high quality;
- S/he will ensure that the implementation of the project aligns with our client’s global standards for clinical quality, project management, data management and verification;
- S/he will be responsible for stewardship and coordination of the consortium of organisations implementing the project;
- S/he will work closely with the programme leadership of each agency to ensure that the activities of all partners are aligned and implemented efficiently and effectively, in order to meet agreed country-level targets and deliver good value for money;
- S/he will provide strategic guidance to all members of the consortium, and will ensure synergy between the various work streams of the programme, avoiding duplication and ensuring that resources are deployed effectively to deliver on project commitments;
- S/he will manage the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed country-level implementation plans, monitor and respond to partner performance and be responsible for driving communication between the partners in country, and across the programme;
- The Project Director will steward the flexible and adaptive programme approach at a national level, monitoring effectiveness, environmental opportunities and challenges, and risk levels. The Project Director will work with our partner (responsible for stewardship and management of all projects globally) to refine and adjust the programme approach to maximise opportunities, mitigate risks, and continue to deliver high impact; and
- S/he will be the face of the project to the government, the donor and other development partners. The project works closely with the Ministry of Health at central level as well as regional and district level, and supports their targets for sexual and reproductive health.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the programme within budget, ensuring that donor expectations and programme KPIs are met and exceeded;
- Provide overall leadership for the programme team at country level, ensuring collaboration between all implementing partners in the project consortium and coordination across implementation areas and regions;
- Ensure high quality programme delivery, following donor and compliance and standards, to agreed workplans;
- Provide guidance, support and oversight to the consortium partners to ensure the programme is implemented efficiently, effectively and providing good value for money;
- Ensure robust, accurate and meaningful monitoring, evaluation and learning across the project, ensuring learning is integrated into on-going implementation; and
- Improve operations by strengthening capacity, building high performance teams, identifying and promoting talent, managing performance.
B. Governance / Programme Management
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements at all levels and provide guidance to the consortium on donor compliance;
- Effectively manage the project budget, ensuring efficient use of resources and managing expenditure in line with the agreed budget, including across implementing partners;
- Ensure the programme adheres to guidelines in our client’s Project Cycle Management manual;
- Compile and submit regular technical and financial reports to our donor, ensuring all reports are reviewed by the required approvers internally; and
- Regular review of progress ensuring delivery against agreed workplans, identifying issues and developing solutions, and supporting relevant departments to adjust their work plans accordingly.
- Representation of our client and the project at strategic level, including with their partner, and engage and influence relevant stakeholders including the Ministry of Health and associated institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, and Ministries at central and de-centralised level; and
- Uphold all core values of our client and lead by example.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in delivering clinical family planning and sexual and reproductive health programming in Kenya or a similar context at a senior level of management;
- Demonstrable experience managing large and complex programmes funded by institutional donors with budgets of upward of £10 million;
- Significant experience leading consortia and managing local and international implementing partners to deliver results across a range of work streams;
- Proven general management experience in operationally demanding and challenging environments, including recruitment, training and supervision of direct reports;
- Track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with government (Ministry of Health and local governments), the private sector, and UN agencies to deliver sexual and reproductive health programmes; and
- Demonstrated capacity to manage financial resources effectively and transparently to achieve maximum impact and value for money.
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team;
- Track record of delivering targets;
- Ability to push the boundaries and develop market share;
- Self-motivated and a self-starter; and
- The highest levels of integrity, strong ethical attitude.
How to Apply
Send your CV (In word format only) to email@example.com by 24th January 2019.
Clearly indicate the job title as the subject head.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.