Career Vacancy : Catholic Relief Services Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Emergency Coordinator Job Recruitment
Catholic Relief Services
Job Title: Emergency Coordinator, Somalia
Department: Somalia Program Department
Reports To: Country Manager, Somalia
Country / Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Somalia emergency response and recovery programming, particularly for a large and complex OFDA project, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming that advances Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable.
Your knowledge and skills in emergency programming and your management abilities will ensure the delivery of high-quality emergency programming that applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefit s to those we serve.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of field-based work experience in a program/project management position with an international NGO, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in emergency response programming.
- Strong knowledge of emergency guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at coordination meetings with donors, local government, UN, and other international NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality emergency proposals and strategy design. Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, DFID, UN agencies and other donors preferred.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Experience engaging with and building capacity of partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience preferred
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience in building and motivating diverse and talented teams.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions with limited or incomplete information and offer innovative solutions.
- Strong representation and relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to function well in a stressful environment, stay focused, and maintain sufficient work life balance with limited options for downtime activity.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required / Desired Foreign Language
- English fluency required; Speaking Somali would be a huge asset
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
- 25-40% travel to Mogadishu Airport Zone, Baidoa, or other locations outside the MIA, as security allows; potential travel to other CRS programs in East Africa to support their emergency programming as time allows
- Track portfolio and project MEAL requirements — both CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP) and donor requirements.
- Work with MEAL staff and partner staff to implement the MPP and donor MEAL requirements applicable to your projects.
- Complete the annual MEAL procedure self-assessment for your projects and develop action plan to advance MEAL practice.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Accountability and Stewardship
- Build Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing date: 23 Feb 2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.