Career Vacancy : TACT Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : TACT Project Officer Job Recruitment
Job Title: TACT Project Officer
Employer: Health Strat
Reporting to: Project Director
Purpose of Position: Transforming TB & HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in Prisons (TACT) is a 5-year project led by Health Strat in partnership with the Kenya Prisons Service (KPS), through a cooperative agreement with PEPFAR-CDC.
The project supports HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services at all prisons in Kenya, and runs from Apr 2014 to September 2019.The goal of TACT is to strengthen the capacity of KPS to deliver a KPS-led and managed high quality comprehensive HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment program, serving prison staff, their families, inmates, and surrounding communities.
The Project Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day project deliverables, keeping track of project budgets and work plans under the direction of the Project Director, and ensuring execution of key project goals and activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensuring successful planning ,coordination of all aspects of TA visits, project meetings, trainings, workshops, all program reports and other program activities including any other tasks necessary by tracking and following up to enable smooth execution.
- Providing regular feedback on activity progress to the Project Director.
- Attending of program team and quarterly dashboard meetings and writing of meeting minutes and circulating within 48 hours of meeting occurrence.
- Provide a clear linkage and effective communication between KPS and central and regional teams on the ground.
- Collect, review, summarize and disseminate monthly narrative reports from the regional teams in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all the procurement, verification and distribution for TACT supplies including PF10, lab and VCT supplies in a timely manner.
- Work with the regional teams to ensure timely submission of quarterly budgets, and work plans and regional TA calendar to guide implementation.
- Coordinate timely joint review of the budgets and work plans during the technical team meetings, provide timely feedback to the regional team for amendment and finalization of the same.
- Facilitate the disbursement of funds by finance as per the approved budgets for the regional teams.
- Work with the Head of Finance at Health Strat to receive monthly budget burn rates and keep the Project Director abreast of activity costs to ensure resources spent and are within the budget allocated.
- Provide funds requests on time and ensure the requests have had prior approval.
- Follow up with the Finance office to ensure approved requested funds are disbursed on time.
- Follow up with the finance department for advances to be issued in time and ensure due production of support documentation as required, similarly follow through with the Technical teams to ensure funds advanced to them both at central and regional level.
- Detailed review of support documentation provided as guided by the HS support documentation list, gaps identified and the same communicated to the TACT team before forwarding to the Finance team.
- Ensure that project resources are aligned to enable delivery of project goals including the development of procurement plans for the program
- Evaluate the need for contingencies based on the monthly activities and advise the Project Director accordingly for action.
- Ensure cost effectiveness and innovation during implementation of the activities to ensure good use of resources.
- Representing the program at key stakeholders’ meetings/forums
- Building and maintaining relationships and operational partnerships with relevant stakeholders
Key working relationships:
- Internal: CEO, Project Director , TACT team members, Head of Operations and Head of Finance
- External: TACT Consortium Members (KPS)
Bachelor degree in social sciences or a business-related field
- Project management certification
- 5 years’ experience, 2 years’ experience within the Kenya health system
- Experience on a US Government program/ grant (added advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management skills
- Exceptional Organization and analytical skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work both independently, and as member of diverse task teams.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter detailing your suitability and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2019 at 5.00pm.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.