Career Vacancy : Research Assistant Job Description
Employment Opportunity : African Population and Health Research Center Job Recruitment
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) requires a Research Assistant to provide day-to-day support for the operations of an impact and process evaluation of an intervention aimed at reducing the incidence of HIV among adolescent girls and young women living in urban informal settlements in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position includes general research and specific data management tasks to ensure that the impact evaluation activities run smoothly and that tasks are completed according to schedule.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team
- Demonstrable interest in adolescent health, HIV and AIDS, and sexual and reproductive health
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Conduct qualitative interviews
- Training of field interviewers for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Prepare routine reports on data collection activities
- Maintain regular contact with intervention beneficiaries and collect routine process evaluation data, including observation of intervention activities
- Work with senior researchers to code and analyze qualitative data
- Participate in conducting literature reviews and report writing
- Assist the research team in other project-related activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science-related field or public health
- Proven experience in conducting household surveys and conducting qualitative interviews
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze qualitative data using NVIVO is desirable
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org.
Applications will be considered until January 21, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
For more information about APHRC visit www.aphrc.org
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.