Career Vacancy : General Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : General Manager Job Recruitment
Our client is a boutique 4 star business hotel located in Nairobi.
We are looking for a seasoned and experienced professional to fill up the role of General Manager.
The ideal candidate MUST have worked in large hotel business establishments in similar capacity.
He/she must be a change leader with previous proven experience in leading business re-organization and change and business culture overhaul.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Board you will be directly responsible for the overall leadership and management of the hotel and function of all employees, facilities, operations, sales, costs and profit, budget and hotel standards.
Salary: 300,000 – 500,000 depending on experience
- Planning, setting standards, priorities and ensuring policies, SOPs and procedures are followed.
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction in accordance with the hotel’s standards.
- Take responsibility, create and maintain good working conditions, create the climate to motivate staff to excel and maintain standards, must have a friendly positive personality.
- Analyze financial performance, current performance relative to budgeted standards.
- Business minded, able to produce acceptable return on investment, aware of competition and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Has knowledge of Food and beverage, rooms division, conference, procurement, security and HR
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports and initiates corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints and initiates corrective action.
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s mission statement.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
- You shall be the business loss prevention leader
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management
- 10 years real experience in a reputed international hotel group.
- Proven experience leading change and organizational culture overhaul
- Sound business acumen.
- People skills and emotional intelligence.
- Understanding of finance and operations.
How to apply:
Qualified candidate should send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “Hotel General Manager” on the email subject line.
Applications should reach us not later than 15th February 2019.
Early and qualified applicants will be prioritized.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.