Career Vacancy : Terre des hommes Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Assistant Social Worker Job Recruitment
Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011.
Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums.
Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
Job title: Assistant Social Worker
Job Category: Collaboration
Function: Case Management
Reports to (Hierarchically): Child Protection Senior Officer
Number of subordinates: 0
Position Grade: F
Working time in % : 100%
Starting date: 15th February 2019
Length: 3 months
General description of the position: The Assistant Social Worker works with the Child Protection Senior Officer in direct provision of quality child protection services to children and families in Korogocho, Nairobi County. He/she supports in achieving desired activity ojectives in Case Management.
He/She participates in identification ofchildren at risk of abuse or neglect ensuring that necessary actions are taken to protect children from further abuse/neglect and safeguarding investigations are undertaken within the Terre des hommes’ required timescales.
He/she participates in the organisation awareness sessions for children, communities, families and stakeholders as in close working relationship with Child Protection senior Officer.
He/she will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Responsibility: Participates in identification and response to needs of children and their families
Aim: To support support of extremely vulnerable children and their families through case management.
- Contributes to the definition of vulnerability criteria for the Case Management System.
- Individual support, registration, development of Plan of Action, referral, follow-up (through home visits) and monitoring of children victim of any form of abuse.
- Participate in the development of a Plan of Action, referral and follow-up for individual cases in close consultation with the Child Protection Senior Officer.
- Supports the identification and set-up of potential referral mechanism for cases in close collaboration with the Senior Child Protection Officer.
- Participates in the development of a case management system, ensures qualitative implementation in Korogocho and identifies needs for improvement.
- Correctly uses database tools and supports in field testing of the tools.
- Participates in identification and follow up for beneficiaries of education and livelihood support.
- Participates in the identification, mobilisation and training of community members and other actors to encourage their participation in different aspects of the project implementation (women, elders, leaders, youth, children, etc).
- Involve the community, where appropriate, in the protection processes of children in particular need of help.
- Work with the Child Protection Senior Officer to provide accurate and timely activity, monitoring and assessment reports.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Minimum certificate in community development, social work or any social science related field
- Experience in case management
- Basic computer skills: MS Word and Excel.
- Social work skills
- Case management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of the Korogocho context
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application should be emailed email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 25th January, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.