Career Vacancy : IT Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : IT Manager Job Recruitment
Job Title: IT Manager
Gross Salary: competitive
Our client is an established firm in Kenya. They seek to hire an experienced professional to be responsible for the information systems being used including SAP Business 1, Nethelp Desk, Oracle, MyQ, among others.
Their main role will be maintenance of data integrity and accuracy, testing of new updates and fixes, training users in IT systems, implementation of new products and system changes, provision and maintenance of reports, and ensuring IT support remains constant.
- Manage IT projects including working with process owners in preparation of business cases overseeing implementation until full benefits are realized.
- Develop, review, recommend and implement appropriate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the IT function by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related matters including data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software
- Maintain and improve the internet and VPN connections across the business
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness for the IT department
- Trouble-shoots and solves problems related to hardware, software, and network problems
- Researches and recommends acquisition of network hardware and software
- Monitors network utilization and performance, implements procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability
- Ensure compliance with IT regulations and advise senior management on the Kenyan ICT industry and the regulatory, infrastructure and commercial factors that need to be taken into account in developing the organization’s internal ICT system and external connectivity
- Monitoring of antivirus, host?based intrusion prevention and other endpoint security implementations
- Liaise with process owners to promote use of IT in effective and efficient design and operation of all major processes including improvements to work processes;.
- Continuous monitoring of IT enables investment programmes and ensuring expected benefits are realized from the provision and maintenance of appropriate IT capabilities;
- Identify emerging user needs and plan for new systems or changes to existing systems to meet user needs
- Evaluate new technologies for their potential application to business processes
- Manage IT Vendors and ensure that the organization receives value for money for equipment and services;
- Identify user training needs and recommend relevant training.
- Ensure that the organization website and intranet functions efficiently and effectively
- A Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Professional IT certification, such as CISCO, ORACLE, CISA, CISM, and MCITP.
- At least 5 years’ working experience with 3 years’ carrying out IT related functions in a busy office.
- Must have experience in VPN connections, Email servers, LAN set up, MS SQL server
- Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills, Leadership and Managerial skills
- Planning, organising skills/ quality orientation and Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (IT Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.