Career Vacancy : ICT Assistant Job description
Employment Opportunity : International Organization for Migration Job Recruitment
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – The UN Migration Agency
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: ICT Assistant
SVN No: IOMKCO/VN/003/2019
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 13 February, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer, direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer and administrative supervision of Head, Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), the incumbent will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for:
1. Implementation, management and maintenance of Information Technology and Communication services and network.
2. Provide onsite support to the above mentioned systems and services.
3. Installation, configuration and upgrading, Servers, Backup systems, desktop and laptop computers and software used in the mission.
4. Maintain communication systems/equipment including, mobile lines, PABX, VOIP and other sat-phones, Internet access, and all other communication related
5. Ensure data and system integrity by setting up and administrating ICT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
6. Provide appropriate ICT training to all users in the mission.
7. Assist in the design of database systems and applications as required by local specifications and providing technical support to users.
8. Follow IOM ITC Standards and liaise with IOM ICT departments in Manila for the installation and running of VPN-access to the WAN.
9. Maintain regular updates to the technical documentation for the voice and data networks.
10. Maintain/follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all ICT equipment.
11. Maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School/Certificate in MIS/Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree or Higher in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- A holder of relevant certification especially A+, N+, Microsoft Certifications and CCNA will be an advantage;
- Ability to develop and maintain databases using MS Access, Visual Studio and/or SQL 2005 or higher will be a definite advantage;
- Experience in managing computer networks preferably Windows 2008 Server and Client;
- Knowledge on the use of messaging systems i.e. MS Exchange and hands-on support for MS Office products;
- Excellent verbal and written communication/management reporting skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and implement policies and procedures from his/her supervisor;
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure;
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address KCOrecruitmentMHD@iom.int referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 13 February 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.