Career Vacancy : iWayAfrica Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Customer Support Engineer Job Recruitment
iWayAfrica is a leading African ISP, offering solutions over satellite, fiber optic and wireless networks.
Our expertise lies in designing, installing and operating networks to suit customers’ requirements.
The Group currently services over 67,000 corporate subscribers and over 20,000 consumer subscribers across Sub-Saharan Africa.
With an increase in customer numbers the following vacant position has arisen in its Kenya Operations:
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Based in Nairobi
Department: Customer Services Department
Reporting Lines: Customer Support Engineer – Team Leader
Accountable For: Installation, maintenance, provision of technical support to customers, troubleshooting problems and creating solutions
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, Diploma or Certificate in French Mandatory
Minimum Experience: 2 years working experience in a busy Support Environment preferably in telecommunications industry
The person will be reporting to the Customer Support Engineer – Team Leaderand be responsible for provision oftechnical support to customers, troubleshooting problems and creating solutions, carrying out installations and maintenance
Key Deliverables/ Key roles;-
- All Calls, email, Skype response per set standards, best practice and Customer SLAs
- Zero Churn due to customer service related problems (poor or no response, no feedback or delayed customer resolutions, poor handling of customers and customer issues)
- Happy, Satisfied, Loyal customers through improved customer satisfaction survey feedback
- Continuous training so as to acquire skills and knowledge to offer creative and innovative solutions for customer service excellence
- Timely and Accurate reports (periodic and adhoc reports as requested from time to time)
- Response/acknowledgement of emails within 15 min, picking of telephone calls within 2 rings (standard answering script: “This is iWayAfrica, [name] speaking, how may I help you?”, response to Skype chat within 5 min (standard answering script: “This is [name]. How may I help you?)
- Timely complaint resolution with turnaround period within 2 hours of fault reporting
- Accurate documentation/update of ALLtrouble tickets via SOLID (trouble tickets raised via mail and auto-logged on SOLID must be responded within SOLID while trouble tickets raised via other communication channels MUST be logged on SOLID upon a response to customer)
- Proactive monitoring of customer links to ensure optimum availability and raising of proactive trouble tickets with providers within 30 min of downtime
- Fault escalation if not able to resolve within set period
- SMS communication to affected customers within 15 min of complete service outages and a follow up SMS with 15 min of service recovery. Service recovery email within 48hrs of monitoring for stability.
- At least 5 days email notification to affected customers with a reminder 24 hours for planned maintenance works. Status Update communication within 24 hours.
- All reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) generated accurately and within the required time
NOTE: You will be measured on a daily basis on aspects of Team work, communication, integrity, interpersonal, decision making, thinking ability, judgment, time consciousness and all personal attributes related to your job based on your behavior and interactions with the other stakeholders.
- To carry out field installation/onsite visits, commissioning and monitoring of communication networks including VSATs, terrestrial, etc
- To troubleshoot customer incidents from various support channels (phone, email, chats)
- To manage incidents through the incident resolution process ensuring all incidents are captured on SOLIDand escalate per the escalation process
- To prepare reports for customers, management and other any reports that may be required
- To prepare and send notifications to customers regarding service outages/maintenance via the available support channels (sms, email, etc)
- To participate in projects requiring technical input from Customer Support
- To train new customers or other teams on Customer Support Procedures and provide technical support to other departments when called upon
- To keep abreast of modern and the latest technology in order to acquire skills and knowledge that will ensure innovative and creative solutions to customers and prepare educational content for customers on a need basis
- To ensure teamwork and coordination and mentor new staff joining the department
- To create and continuously improve processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness and enable the departments offer world-class customer service
- To continuously identify new customer feedback channels and improve existing ones channels in order to achieve set response times
- To bring about improved communications, trust and free exchange of ideas, knowledge, data and information within the team
- To proactively monitor customer links and escalate to and work with upstream providers in case of issues
- And any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or management.
- VSAT (relevant certifications: GVF etc)
- Networking & systems (relevant certifications: CCNA etc)
- Customer Centric
- Analytical and problem solving
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Results and Goal orientated
- Self- Motivated
- Needs to be a Customer Focused, problem solving orientated individual. Ideal candidate is a self starter who uses their initiative, someone who wants to be challenged and who enjoys working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Needs to be able to work on their own with minimum supervision as well as being able to work as part of a busy team. Needs to be a Team Player.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, presentation, telephone), Attention to detail and accuracy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as the reference by 20th February 2019.
iWayAfrica Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.