Career Vacancy : Finance Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Oxygen 8 East Africa Limited Job Recruitment
Oxygen 8 East Africa Limited
Position: Finance Manager
Reporting To: CEO
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2019
Start Date: March 2019
Eligibility: Position open to Kenyan Nationality
About Oxygen 8: Oxygen8 East Africa Limited is a subsidiary of Oxygen 8 Group, which was established in the year 2000. The Oxygen8 Group has a turnover of £90 million p.a. and has three divisions, namely:
- Corporate Solutions: enable a Corporate’s interaction with its customers via mobile phones using SMS, Voice and Online services
- Payment Solutions: enable mobile payment solutions, covering delivery, billing, applications and content
- Carrier Solutions: enable carriers to interact intelligently with consumers and provide high performance analytics
- Develops financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity. Quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems;
- Develops organizational prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analysing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital facilities and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of vacancies.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s accounting systems, internal controls and managing the relationship with external auditors, banks and investors.
- Ensuring that there is continuous and vigilant monitoring of expenses against budgets, and monitoring growth in revenue streams.
- Ensuring that supplier contracts are negotiated to the best interest of the Company
- Ensuring the company is compliant with tax regulations and financial and business reporting regulations.
- Identifying, assessing and managing the company’s business risks.
- Preparing the company’s financial and business reports.
- Management and leadership of the finance team.
- Leads the short and long-term budgetary planning and cost management for a market in alignment with processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Must be a CPA-K holder and a member of ICPAK. A Masters level qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6 years working experience with progressive responsibility for finance in a medium or large organization, preferably in the sports betting sector with at least 3 years in a senior management /leadership position.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, with working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations pertaining to finance, and the ability to guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Proficient user of SAP’s and MS Office productivity tools – especially advanced Excel and Navision
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the organization and general market
- Must have no criminal record and a demonstrated understanding of children’s issues and rights.
- Strong people engagement and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships, communicate, present, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Experienced leader of diverse people and processes with the ability to lead, develop and direct team members to deliver to high performance targets and standards.
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation.
- Able to work under pressure, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and execution skills and the ability take accountability for results and achievement of objectives.
- Enthusiastic, decisive, pragmatic and dynamic hands-on individual with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, thoroughness and unquestionable integrity
Interested candidates should apply by emailing their CV and Cover Letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the email subject.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Finance Manager. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.