Career Vacancy : Production Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Plastics Industry Kenya Job Recruitment
Vacancy: Production Manager – Plastics Industry
Job Ref: P/PM/1
About Our Client
Our client specialises in plastic fabrication.
They are looking for a Production Manager.
The incumbents will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This role is vital to the company as it ensures that the production processes results in high quality products that contribute to maximum profits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Forecast, plan, implement and control production schedule for the job and review and adjust where necessary.
- Determine the human and material resources required and manage them to meet production targets.
- Create staff schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels.
- Provide necessary training to production employee
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to
- Monitor quality standards of products. Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Implement improvements to the production process.
- Timely prepare and maintain production reports.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Estimate and negotiate timescales with clients and managers, re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Diploma in Engineering, Industrial Technology or comparable discipline, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering would be an added advantage.
- 8 years minimum experience as a Production Manager or Technical Manager in Plastic Manufacturing Industry
- Knowledge of ISO Systems, Kaizen, Quality Systems and standard health and safety is preferred
- Results oriented and must uphold high levels of integrity
- Must have ability to train and excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent understanding of injection molding process.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.