Career Vacancy : Waiter Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Café UBUNTU Job Recruitment
Café UBUNTU Waiter
Status: Full time
Report to: Café UBUNTU Manager
We are looking for a skilled Waiter to offer the best experience to our customers.
Someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. Waiter’s responsibilities include welcoming and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in a growing Cafe, we’d like to meet you.
You should be polite with the customers by offering the best service and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our kitchen team to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Customer management; receiving customers, taking orders, serving etc.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Take accurate food and drinks orders and communicate well to the kitchen team.
- Providing excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages.
- Making menu recommendations on request, answering questions and sharing additional information.
- Setting up the service station; silverware, serviettes, pepper, ketchup, honey, salt & sugar filled.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Customer wait time management with the help of the Chefs.
- Conducting customer surveys & maintaining visitor’s book.
- Managing the coffee machine and coolers.
- Barista roles.
- Stocking, dusting and arranging the product displays.
- Stocking of all drinks in coolers and shelves.
- Maintain cleanliness at café at all times.
- Interest to train on kitchen.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the management.
Education and Experience
- Food & beverage or related course
- At least 1 year experience in a busy restaurant.
- Computer literate.
- Customer service principles.
- Excellent sales tracking and recording experience.
- Great verbal and written communication
- Goal driven and critical thinking
- Time management.
- Active listening skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Business minded person
- Flexibility & multitasking. Flexible to work in both kitchen and service.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and resumes to email@example.com by 20th February, 2019.
Kindly include your expected salary.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.