Career Vacancy : Procurement Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Law Society of Kenya Job Recruitment
Law Society of Kenya
Vacancy: Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer will work closely with the Finance department under the overall guidance of the Chief Executive Officer / Secretary, and in accordance with his/her contractual obligations with the Society.
Duties and Responsibilities
She/he will perform the following:
- Draw up an overall procurement plan;
- Ensure timely procurement of supplies as outlined in the work—plan;
- Act as Secretary of the Internal Tender Committee;
- Prepare tender documents;
- Advise on strategic issues related to the effectiveness of the procurement process;
- Elaborate bidding documents:
- Elaborate contracts with suppliers/service deliverers;
- Follow-upon goods /services purchased;
- Prepare necessary supporting documents prior to payment of goods or services;
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times & ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality;
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment services & supplies;
- Be regularly updated on procurement policies and advise colleagues;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, mid-year and year-end reports.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any other related field plus membership to a professionally recognized body
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Procurement Officer
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Strategic vision and strong analytical capabilities;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Willingness to learn from and consult with colleagues for inputs and information sharing;
- Display sound judgment that enables independent work;
- Build good relationships with supplier(s) for effective service delivery;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications preferably ERP system;
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements for the above position, submit application complete with, copies of certificates, testimonials and CV outlining qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact, e—mail address, names and addresses of three referees.
Only candidates who fulfil the above requirements will be contacted.
All applications should be forwarded to the undersigned and must clearly indicate the position applied for so as to reach us not later than Friday, 8th March 2019.
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 72219-00200
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.