Career Vacancy : Internal Auditor Job Description
Employment Opportunity: Numerical Machining Complex Job Recruitment
The Numerical Machining Complex is a Public Sector entity under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives (MITC). It was incorporated on 4th January 1994 as a limited liability Company with the mandate of steel production, engineering design, development and production of machinery and components.
The Company is currently seeking to recruit exceptional persons to be part of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for the actualization of the revised NMC strategic plan 2018-2022.
The new business direction is premised on the NMC role to catalyze industrialization in line with the Vision 2030 goals and to implement manufacturing, a core mandate to the achievement of the Big Four Government of Kenya Initiatives.
NMC Grade: 5
Job Ref: NMC/IA/01/2019
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor will assist in undertaking audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports.
- Undertake audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports
- Examine company accounts and financial control system
- Gauge levels of financial risks within the organization
- Check that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
- Ensure that assets are safeguarded
- Identify where processes are not working as they should and advise on changes to be made
- Prepare reports, commentaries and financial statements
- Ensure procedures policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied
- Carry out company risk evaluation and efficiency audit
- Conduct financial and systems audit
- Participate in developing and updating internal audit manual
- Oversee stocktaking and carry out risk assessment, corruption risk assessment and anti-corruption awareness activities
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accountancy, Finance or Audit option
- Possesses Certified Public Accountant CPA (K), a member of ICPAK with a valid license.
- At least 4 years’ experience in auditing and finance management
- Be familiar with performance development and measurement systems
- Proven ability and professional competence in Auditing and Finance management in a manufacturing or production environment
- Be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
How to Apply
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and motivation in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned on or before 28th February, 2019.
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
P. O. Box 70660 – 00400
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer
For full details about this position please log on to NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.