Career Vacancy : Sanergy Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Senior Software Engineer Job Recruitment
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek to recruit a Senior Software Engineer who will work in our IT Services department:
A typical day for you might include the following
- Leading the development of custom enterprise software to power and improve the efficiency of our rigorous processes across the network.
- To design innovative new systems, tools and processes that significantly improve operations throughout the organization; ensuring that IT solutions developed provide optimal solutions to the problems they solve.
- Review existing systems and processes and recommend and design new solutions including running prototypes and pilot tests to evaluate new ideas.
- Review workflows, user interaction and user interfaces for new software solutions before they are developed and recommend improvements.
Software and Information Architecture
- Developing standards and guidelines for software design and coding to be used by the software team.
- Recommend and implement sound database design and optimization techniques for transactional and analytical databases.
- Documentation of requirements analysis, functional specifications and UI designs using standard software documentation notation.
- Ensuring that our IT systems will scale in line with the overall organization growth strategy.
- Leading of software development resources (in-house and contracted) on architecture improvement projects; customizing internal systems with off the shelf software.
- Own the software release process including planning and coordinating the timing, schedule and deployment of software releases being done by the different teams
- Maintain and improve software configuration management practices and tools including bug tracking, version control, software builds, and deployment.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to software development processes and policies in the organization.
Business Analysis/Project Management
- Lead the analysis and business requirements gathering to develop detailed functional requirements, clearly stating project scope
- Constant interaction with business units and business owners to understand business processes and key requirements, proactively work to resolve client issues.
- Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and gaps in best practices.
- Have/develop a strong understanding of SalesForce’s capabilities and limitations to be able to clearly communicate those to customers to facilitate building a clear requirements development strategy for each customer engagement.
- Lead the team in the evaluation of AppExchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business.
- Work with Project leads in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products that have an impact on the use of Salesforce in the organization.
- Responsible for product quality, project completion, timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Perform business process modelling, User experience modelling and basic technical architecture diagramming.
- Leads and is responsible all Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle. Works with and manages off shore QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other deliverables and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- Manage teams of developers.
- Follow new developments in technology and recommend creative and innovative uses of technology to solve business problems.
- Project management for software projects; ensuring milestones and deliverables are satisfactorily met.
- Supporting in-house users of our custom software and problem solving.
- Provide mentorship and general knowledge transfer in matters IT related to members of the IT team.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Computing/Business Related fields.
- Masters in IT/Business related degrees is desired
- Software Development Certifications is desired
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative solutions given significant constraints such as very low cost, lack of power, and a non-technical user base
- Experience leading teams through brainstorms / innovation sessions / workshops
- Vast working knowledge and experience of C#/.NET, PHP, Java and Android.
- Experience taking software projects through the entire software lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support)
- Experience integrating off-the-shelf and custom built technologies
- Development and support of systems that are critical to the day to day operations of medium and large organizations (ERP, financial systems, CRM, MRP etc)
- Database design and advanced SQL.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with professional software development practices and tools including source code control, defect tracking, unit testing and code reviews.
- Ability to design creative cost effective solutions given limited resources.
- Experience in working with the various platforms such as Salesforce/Apex, CRM/MRP/ERP systems and SQL Server highly desirable
- Must have demonstrable experience in leading analysis and business requirements gathering to develop detailed functional requirements, clearly stating project scope.
- Must possess the following skills; Problem solving skills ,analytical skills, should be able to work with a team, has to be adaptable and flexible and have good Communication skills
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to Apply
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 28th February, 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.