Career Vacancy : World Concern Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Country Transformational Development Officer Job Recruitment
Job Advert: Country Transformational Development Officer
Reports to: Country Director / Regional Transformational Development Advisor
Length of Contract: One Year-Renewable
World Concern is a Christian organization committed to pursuing abundant life together with communities through long-term, sustainable community development.
We are seeking to hire a Country Transformational Development Officer (CTDO) to establish and promote Transformational Development (TD) as World Concern’s foundational strategic approach in our Chad Country Program.
The CTDO is a new country-level member of staff. He or she will report to the Regional TD Advisor and will be part of the Transformational Development department.
The person is expected to champion TD principles and ensure adoption and implementation of TD tools and strategies at the Kenya Country and field Level.
The specific responsibilities of the person will be to:
- Conduct ongoing in-country training on concepts and principles of TD. This will be done in cooperation with the Regional TD Officer but will be more country-specific in terms of the cultural context but also in terms of the program context. It will allow for a further tailored approach to training and local, immediate follow-up on action plans.
- In cooperation with country program staff, develop the overall One Village Transformed (OVT) program country-level and cluster-level strategies.
- Oversee the monitoring, evaluation, and incorporation of lessons learned in active OVT communities and clusters.
- Together with program staff, develop and ensure adoption of context-specific community contribution guidelines throughout World Concern programming.
- Act as the point person for developing and implementing strategies for the practical integration of our mission, vision and values within the staff and throughout World Concern Kenya programming.
- Document lessons learned/best practices and disseminate lessons learned from other TD-focused initiatives in the country and region. This includes but is not limited to: savings and lending groups, self-help groups, church engagement programs, and care groups.
- Promote a shift to an abundance-mind-set among staff and partners by encouraging the adoption of asset-based community development approaches throughout programming.
- Ensure that there is a deliberate effort to give beneficiaries an effective voice in decision making at all levels of project cycle.
- Guide program teams in conducting baseline studies for new and existing OVT projects.
- Strengthen community leadership by ensuring integration/adoption of World Concern’s Community Leaders Training program in our project areas.
- Ensure the integration of all dimensions of holistic development in all field projects.
- Empower country staff to develop and put in place community systems to facilitate technical and financial sustainability of our projects.
- Come up with initiatives to intentionally target and empower vulnerable populations within our project areas.
- Document signs of transformation happening at the field level and communicate them on platforms developed by World Concern.
- Make follow-up on action plans for commitments made by country staff members in past and future TD trainings.
The CTDO will be successful if:
- There is a measurable increase in the meaningful participation of women and other minorities in community-based institutions.
- OVT is operating according to established strategies.
- Staff consistently articulate and employ effective strategies for integration of our mission, vision and values.
- Best practices for core sectors are consistently employed across country-level programming.
- There is a greater understanding of and appreciation by staff of the importance of the participation of beneficiaries in all projects that concern them, throughout every stage of the project cycle, both in decision-making and in practical contribution.
- The Community Leadership Training manual is adopted for use across development projects in the country.
- There is evidence of systems that have been put in place to ensure technical and financial sustainability of projects.
- There is adoption of strengths-based approaches to community development across our projects.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ, with sound biblical knowledge and commitment to World Concern’s values, vision and mission
- A bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Sociology, Rural development or related field
- At least 5 years’ field experience working in integrated development programs
- Significant experience in staff and beneficiary training
- Demonstrated success in working cross-culturally with diverse teams, including working with various faith backgrounds.
- Project experience in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Have experience working with communities or areas prone to natural disasters.
- Extensive experience in integrating development work with biblically-informed values and beliefs. Prior involvement in ministry in a restricted context will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Swahili and English language, fluent written and spoken is a must.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to be based in the field and to travel frequently in the region.
- Awareness of and ability to work in fragile contexts
- Working Knowledge of participatory programme methodologies and community engagement techniques
- Good knowledge of gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Strong facilitation skills
- The officer will be visiting regularly all Kenya field offices to train and conduct assessments
- This positions requires periodic travel to areas of significant insecurity
- Field travel can involve driving on bad roads and traveling in small planes. Some additional travel to other regions may be required.
- Living conditions in the field may at times be harsh. Limited access in the field to medical care.
- May require working extended hours and on weekends/holidays to meet deadlines.
- Multi-cultural, Multi-ethnic organizational work environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to email@example.com not later than 15th February 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.