Career Vacancy : DSW Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Programme Coordinator Job Recruitment
Introduction: Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is a global development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services, supplies, and economic empowerment for youth. In order to address young adolescents’ SRHR needs and situation, DSW is implementing the, “Holistic Action Project for young Adolescents (HAPA) aiming to increase SRHR knowledge, skills and access to services among young adolescents in primary schools in Kilifi and West Pokot Counties”.
The project is co-funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
DSW seeks to recruit a Programme Coordinator.
Based in: Mombasa County.
Reporting to: National Department Manager, Programmes & Projects.
Overall Goal: The Programme Coordinator supports the Kenya Programs and Projects department in successfully implementing the Holistic Action project for Young Adolescents (HAPA) and other Programme goals.
She /He will take lead in providing programmatic oversight, driving and strengthening DSW gender mainstreaming and adolescent SRH work and partnership building with key partners to ensure the realization of DSW strategic objectives.
Areas of responsibility for the position include:
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for the overall implementation of the Holistic Action project for Young Adolescents (HAPA) and acts as the main liaison with the DSW Kenya Head Office Project Management as well as DSW head office in Germany while providing input to certain project-wide activities and processes in collaboration with National Department Manager and other key programme staff.
In addition, the position will provide overall supervision and coordination of programmes in the coast region and provide Human Resource and Administrative support for the region.
1. Overall HAPA supervision, coordination and team management
- Coordinate overall project implementation for the HAPA project, budget management and staff Supervision in liaison with the National Department Manager, Programmes & Projects.
- Communicate continuously and work closely with HAPA project manager at DSW head office in Germany
- Responsible for development and management of project annual work plans &and budgets, preparation and submission of timely and quality project reports
- Contribute to impact-oriented and continuous monitoring of project performance in line with the monitoring systems and tools including WebMo.
- Build and strengthen strategic networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks within the project areas and link these efforts with national level actions.
- Jointly with National Team Coordinator Advocacy, undertake regular policy analysis for advocacy on for Adolescent Reproductive Health programming.
- In collaboration with the National Team Coordinator Advocacy, ensure evidence generated from the project counties; informs national level advocacy engagements between Non State
- Actors and decision makers; and participate in national level consultations around relevant policies and strategies.
- In Collaboration with the National Team Coordinator, Research and Evaluation, support the generation and documentation of gender disaggregated data and gender sensitive good practises for lesson learned and knowledge sharing.
- Lead and oversee partner coordination in the project sites, participate in stakeholder meetings at county and national level and coordinate periodic project reviews and reflections.
- Undertake periodic visits to project areas to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
- In consultation with the National Department Manager, Programmes and Projects, manage all the Communication with the donors and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Provide guidance to DSW Kenya regarding Young adolescents programming.
2. COAST Programme Coordination, Supervision and Team Management
- Build and strengthen strategic networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks & partners within the Coast region and link these efforts with national level actions.
- Responsible for development and management of annual work plans & budgets, preparation and submission of timely and quality program reports, and contribute to monitoring of project performance in line with the monitoring systems and tools
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programme
3. Operational responsibilities
- In collaboration with the National Department Manager, Programmes & Projects and other relevant staff,
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
- Provide overall administrative support and oversight in collaboration with DSW Kenya HO
- With guidance from National department manager represent DSW’s overall perspectives and interests to external and internal stakeholders within coast region.
- In collaboration with National department manager and Communications team, support DSW’s engagement with media for visibility and profiling.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
4. Team Management and Coordination
- Line Management of HAPA project staff.
- Provide support supervision of the staff in Coast region.
- Coordinate periodic meetings with project staff.
Requirements and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Social Sciences
- Post graduate training in Project Management, Gender mainstreaming and related fields an added advantage
- Must have prior working experience of not less than 5 years in in a similar position preferably in an NGO
- Hands on project management experience and reporting for international donors Good understanding of gender programming, Reproductive health and young adolescents programming
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and also within a team.
- Ability to work with and understand the youth while maintaining professionalism is also key
- High level of personal integrity
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Programme Coordinator” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: April 4, 2019 COB
Ideal start date: Immediately
We are looking forward to receive your application.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.