Career Vacancy : KANCO Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Executive Assistant Job Recruitment
Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant – Nairobi
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS, TB other public Health concerns at community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting an Executive Assistant –Nairobi.
She/He will provide administrative support to the Executive Director’s office and to the KANCO’s management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general support and assistance to the Executive Director in execution of their work.
- Manage EDs office including communication, information, public relations, board meetings, logistics and appointments.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparation of documentation, reports and presentation for meetings.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and diary for meetings, appointments, events and other engagements
- Maintain the necessary information data base for the EDs office and contact database for relevant stakeholders and collaborators.
- Facilitate travel for Executive Director including booking for air tickets, accommodation etc
- Handle ED requests and inquiries, when appropriate
- Provide Secretarial and Administrative Services to the Management team.
- Manage KANCOs mail system.
- Manage efficient filing system.
- Manage travel logistics for all staff and international guests.
- Take and maintain minutes of staff meetings
- Contact person to KANCO members and providing information and advise.
- Respond to routine letters.
- Manage office petty cash.
- Provide support to program staff in organizing workshops, trainings and conferences.
- Maintains positive visibility, good public image, and good public relations for KANCO.
- Carry out any other assignments as may be assigned by the Executive Director/Management Team from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business/Public Administration/Management related field.
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar position and preferably in an NGO
- Strong work ethic, willingness to learn and ability to work on flexible schedule
- Ability to multiple tasks and meet deadlines, must have initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical, dynamic thinking skills, results oriented and has strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills; ability to multi-task
- Good written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Possess excellent people skills and ability to motivate to achieve results; good management and supervision skills and result oriented.
- Good negotiation and public relations skills.
- Excellent technological orientation and good working knowledge with MS Office suite.
- Basic knowledge in financial management including budgeting.
- Commitment to and understanding of KANCO’S vision, mission and values.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV before 12th April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quoting the current and expected salary with Executive Assistant – Nairobi on the email subject line .
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.