Career Vacancy : PAC University Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Deputy Vice Chancellor Job Recruitment
PAC University is a chartered Private University in Kenya founded on strong Christian values. The University is committed to growing its capacity and create a competitive edge in higher education in Kenya and beyond, distinguishing itself by offering high quality, transformative and value-based education.
It insists on having excellence in terms of facilities; efficiency in delivery of service; and good fit, available and committed staff with relevant qualifications and experience to drive the strategy of the University through its Vision and Mission.
Pan Africa Christian (PAC) University is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions below.
The holders will be under the supervision of the Vice-Chancellor.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs
For appointment to the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs), a suitable candidate shall:
- Be of the rank of a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University education in Kenya;
- Have at least five years hands-on experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity;
- Have experience and thorough knowledge of academic affairs management at the University level;
- Have demonstrable experience in development and implementation of curriculum and programs, management of student affairs and welfare.
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
- Have experience in designing and managing academic programs, supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
- Have demonstrate experience in coordinating the activities of schools and institutional directorates;
- Have demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership;
- Have demonstrable growth in the entity s/he is now leading;
and demonstrable evidence of having been a great team player at senior management level, preferably within a university set up.
- Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs):
- Be a visionary and results oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to integrate Christian faith/principles in leadership;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
- Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
As per the Charter and Statutes of the Pan Africa Christian University, the duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) shall be:
- Provide leadership in the Academic Division of the University to ensure provision of quality teaching, research, innovation and community engagement in line with the University’s vision and mission.
- Responsible for the development, review, and revision of academic curricula, for purpose of relevance, quality assurance and accreditation.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of the academic policies and regulations as laid down by the University Council and the Senate and the Management Board.
- Oversee the work of the Registrar Academic Affairs, Deans of Schools, Dean of Students, and the Directors (Research, Institutes/ Campus and for Quality Assurance) and provide overall supervision with regard to the activities and outputs of students Deans, HODs, Faculty and staff.
- Support the Vice Chancellor’s office by coordinating the activities of CBLC as a business centre of the University, ensuring achievement of the set business targets and that profitability is achieved and sustained.
- Participate in and oversee the selection, hiring, retention, performance evaluation and other personnel decisions associated with Faculty and Staff.
- Fully participate in various governance organs such as the University Council Management Board and the Senate
- Take responsibility for all aspects of academic quality assurance and community programmes of the University, and its campuses.
- Teach one course each term subject to administrative workload demands.
- Represent PAC University in various forums and maintain links with other necessary organizations as
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor in a quest to drive the vision and mission of the Pan Africa Christian University.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, 3 letters of reference, and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants should email their applications to
The Vice Chancellor,
Pan Africa Christian University
with the clear position applied for on the subject of the email.
The applications MUST be received on or before 18th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.