Career Vacancy : Claims Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Directline Assurance Limited Job Recruitment
Directline Assurance Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Claims Officer – OD / TPPD (Own Damage & Third Party Property Damage).
Overall Purpose of the Job: This role will be responsible for the management and processing of all own damage claims, negotiation with external third parties as well as claim review.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and process all own damage (OD) and TPPD claims received from insured and 3rd parties respectively and make sure they are finalized with minimum delays and at the lowest market cost.
- Follow up on progress of repairs of insured’s vehicles ensuring, all repairs are carried out professionally and in a cost effective manner. Ensure the company does not incur expenses for damages not related to the accident.
- Conduct claim review and ensure that the system data of the claims is always accurate
- Detect and highlight fraudulent claims for investigations.
- Pursue recovery of policy excess and claim documentation in compliance with the policy conditions.
- Appoint Assessors and Investigators within 24 hours of receipt of claim notification and to follow up on their reports for them to be ready within 48 hours of instructions.
- Receive and critically analyze the Assessors and Investigators reports within 24 hours of receipt and make recommendations thereof for approval.
- Liaise with service providers in the claims handling system to ensure that fast and efficient service standards are maintained.
- Process invoices from external assessors, investigators and other service providers.
- Maintain and update a pricing record of spare parts for effective analysis of Assessors reports.
- Maintain a record of all salvages due for disposal as per the company disposal policy.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- University degree in Law, Business Administration or other equivalent qualifications from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Minimum Overall Grade of C+ in KCSE
- Certificate of Insurance (COP)
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least one (1) year experience in claims management preferably within an Insurance Company OR Intermediary.
- Experience in dealing with PSV will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent Client relationship skills
- Have great attention to detail
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic / professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Wednesday, 20th March 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.