Career Vacancy : Royal Danish Embassy Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Procurement / Contracts Specialist Job Recruitment
Royal Danish Embassy (DANIDA)
Recruitment of Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) for WSTF DANIDA Green Growth and Employment Programme (GGEP) / Water and Livelihood Programme (WLP)
The Governments of Denmark and Kenya in 2015, signed a Development Engagement agreement for the Kenya Country Programme. This is a five-year programme that is being implemented by various actors including National Government line ministries and Agencies, and a few Non state Actors.
Each of the Implementing Organizations has signed Development Engagement Documents and Bilateral Agreements with the Embassy. Among such organizations is Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF), which is a public institution, established under the Act of Parliament Water Act 2002 and currently operating under the revised Water Act 2016. The Mandate of WSTF is to ensure there is assured water resources availability, and accessibility of water and sanitation to the underserved areas of the country.
Under the DANIDA Green Growth and Employment Programme (GGEP) Development Engagement Document, WSTF at the end of 2017 received additional financing to facilitate improved access to water and sanitation for Refugees, host communities and other Vulnerable communities of Turkana West Sub county in Turkana County.
To achieve the objectives of the GGEP and its mandate, the Danish Embassy has agreed to support WSTF with a team of experts who will support them in implementation of the Green Growth and Employment Programme. The team of experts will comprise of Programme Coordinator, Programme Engineer, Social Scientist and a Procurement expert as per the below job descriptions
The recruited implementation team led by Programme coordinator will work under the Rural Investments Programme at WSTF and in close collaboration with other Danida Technical and Financial advisers, and reporting to WSTF Rural Investment Manager.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following listed vacancy:-
Job Title: Procurement / Contracts Specialist – GGEP / WLP
Reporting to: GGEP/WLP, Programme Coordinator
Duty Station: Nairobi, WSTF Offices with frequent travel to the field
Contract Period: Temporary 9 Months
Main purpose of the role
The procurement specialist is responsible for ensuring proper procurement of materials, goods and services while working hand in hand with WSTF procurement head of procurement in ensuring alignment of the procurement plan and economies of scale when purchasing goods and service.
The position will assist WSTF in identifying, screening and improving procurement and contracting for project interventions funded through GGEP /WLP in general and more specifically on innovative implementation mechanisms and issues of project management, risks and their management and mitigation.
The position requires a thorough understanding of public procurement issues as they are applied in Kenya, including how these rules relate to calls for proposals and funding of NGOs and CBOs and elements identified in the grant application system prepared for WLP activities in Turkana.
Duties and responsibilities
Using GoK policies and guidelines in procurement and financial management;
- Assist WSTF in the preparation of Procurement Plans,
- Work with finance team throughout the procurement cycle to assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for evaluations, procurement, tender, disposal committees and capacity building of WSTF staff and WSPs on procurements related issues
- Reviewing of bidding documents before they are issued to the bidders both manually and on web based application system,
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class supply chain management
- Responsible for Preparation of consolidated procurement and disposal plans, reports and evidence.
- Lead in the evaluation of bids and preparation of the winning bidder contract documents,
- Ensure that there is compliance with the terms and conditions of the bidding documents and applicable procurement law/guidelines
- Ensure that the evaluation criteria and other conditions set out in the tender document are adhered to in the entire evaluation and award process,
- Contract negotiation to produce better savings and value for money
- Ensure that the procurement methods and review thresholds are consistent with the provisions of the grant agreement,
- Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Ensure the thresholds of Government procurement processes under the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 are followed,
- Support a compliant grant management and support efficient contract implementation,
- Support calls for proposals, for service delivery and project implementation
- Review procurement documentation and processes pre and post procurement process,
- Prepare management reports for each supported project.
Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of a university degree in procurement/ supply chain management or any other relevant field with relevant professional qualifications in procurement
- Member of relevant professional body e.g Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or holder of Chartered Institute of Supply Chain certificate (CIPS)
- Valid licensed Procurement Practitioner Certificate (KISM)
- At least 10 years’ experience in public procurement
- Experience of procurement and contract management with CBOs, NGOs, and Government
- Previous experience in handling donor funded projects an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding principle and practices which govern international procurement, the contracting of consultant services, technical specifications and development of procurement policies.
- Experience in the water and sanitation sectors in Kenya an added advantage
- Experience of using ICT-based procurement and documentation systems in required
- Verbal and written communication, analytical skills, negotiation, problem solving, facilitation, team work.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office, SAP, ERP system
- A university degree
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent command of English – both oral and written
- Working knowledge of French language
- IT proficiency and solid skills with regards to the Microsoft Office programme
- Well organised with an eye for details
- Responsible, flexible and loyal
- Ability to work independently
- Great interpersonal and intercultural skills and team player abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time pressure
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks reflecting changing priorities of the Embassy
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and/or Somali is not a requirement, but will be considered an added advantage
Application and Recruitment Process
To apply for any of the above positions, send your application (Cover letter, Detailed CV with 2-3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 5th April 2019.
The email subject should be the specific Position Title as stated above.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disability.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.