Career Vacancy : Program Assistant Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Schools and Colleges Permaculture Programme Job Recruitment
SCOPE Kenya Programme
Internship Position: Accounts / Program Assistant
Schools and Colleges Permaculture Programme – (SCOPE) Kenya is a young networking and capacity building Organization, currently with a membership of 16 Civil Society Organizations, which are promoting agro ecological practices through whole school approach for improved school health and nutrition.
The Organization seeks to recruit a person who is interested and focused in gaining skills and experience in accounting and program management for a period of one year. This is subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funds.
The successful person will be based in Thika.
Key Responsibilities and Engagement
- To support in book keeping /financial management.
- To perform administrative duties in SCOPE Office.
- Work closely with SCOPE National Coordinator in resource mobilization/fund raising.
- Prepare project budgets and reports.
- Monitor and document the learning points from the work of SCOPE and share in newsletters, reports, documentaries, leaflets, blogs, websites, social media and print and electronic media.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be delegated or assigned by SCOPE National Coordinator.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Be educated to a diploma/ degree level in agriculture, Community development and Must have basic book keeping knowledge (preferably CPA part 1)
- Be a good communicator both in writing and speaking in English and Kiswahili.
- Be computer literate with proven ability to use essential software packages.
- Willing to work both in office and field work.
- Be a self-driven individual with a zeal for result, excellence and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Have basic skills in report writing and documentation and ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and be mentored in his/ her work.
- Self-starter, self-respecting, and highly motivated,
- Respecting deadlines and ability to deal with stress situations;
- A person of integrity and good work ethics;
- Goal driven and ability to work without supervision
This is not a full salaried position.
If you qualify for this position, submit your application and detailed CV with a contact mobile phone number and names of 3 referees to reach SCOPE Kenya through Email: email@example.com, by 7th May 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application is through above email only
Hand delivered or post delivered applications will not be considered.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.